Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thursday Writing...12/20/18..."What Do You Believe?"

Good Morning,

Today's writing considers the path a person walks as she tries to sort out what she believes and even who she is as she matures in her life and in her questions. The search starts out before her personal sunrise has begun to enlighten her exploration and maturity enables her to form ideas that were not part of her thought process in her earlier days. Debbie wrote, "While I’m still fine tuning and trying to grasp the fullness of the answer. I am continually making the choice to believe what God says about me. After all He is the one who formed me in my mother’s womb, creating my inmost being."

This is a process that continues throughout bringing new ideas that occur as we mature, grow older, and improve in our ability to hear God. 

Debbie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional 

"What Do You Believe?" 
Written by 
Debbie Rodriguez
                      




Since I was a young girl I have tried to please others, tried to fit in, be accepted. As I ponder my youth, I ask myself, why? Why does it matter what others think? Why do I need to fit in? If I’m not like everyone else, does that mean I’m not accepted? I reflect on the innocence of my grandchildren and ponder. What happens to us as we mature into adults? It’s different for each of us. Our parents, other relationships and what we experience shape us. Sometimes people hurt us and the things we walk through are painful. In the end it all comes back to one question: What do I believe? Do I believe what others have said about me or to me? Do I even know what I believe, or have I formed my opinions based on what others say?




Some years back I started to contemplate these questions. I began to recognize the differences in my closest friends. I saw how unique each one was. This realization excited me. I saw the beauty in diversity. I began to realize that I could fit in by just being me. But then realized, I didn’t know who “me” was! What an alarming thought. I started questioning myself about almost everything. I wanted to get to know who I was…. am.



In the course of my journey I have come to recognize that it doesn’t matter what clothes I wear, whether I’m up with the latest fashion or not, if my home or car measures up or even if I have any friends that can relate with me. What really matters is what I believe.

While I’m still fine tuning and trying to grasp the fullness of the answer. I am continually making the choice to believe what God says about me. After all He is the one who formed me in my mother’s womb, (Psalm 139:13) creating my inmost being. I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made because I am a child of the King of Kings. I have come to recognize the only opinion that truly matters is my heavenly Father’s. I have learned that my answers are found in The Bible. I need to look into the perfect law of liberty (Word of God) as looking into a mirror. 

But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom,
and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it
—they will be blessed in what they do.
James 1:25 

It is in there that I find myself and form my opinions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Casting Crowns 
singing
"WHO AM I?"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


To search is to find
and the exciting part is that 
when we search we may find
something greater than 
we imagined we would find!

So we should never give up
OUR SEARCHING

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Prayers are lifted up daily for you
 by the Devotional Writers and the Monthly Writing Staff
 of Women's Focus Ministries.


Blog Writers:
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Bre Miller, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa
Elizabeth McElderry, Betty Espindola, 
 Lynda Kinnard
Amie Spruiell, and Debbie Rodriguez


Occasional Contributors:

Kathy Bireley, Terri Baker, Beverley Napier,
 Kelly Dobyns, Glenna Williamson
Amie Spruiell, and Lisabeth Lipp



No comments:

Post a Comment