Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday Writing...9/4/18..."OUR HOPE IS IN YOU ALONE LORD"

Good Morning,

This writing is about the importance of offering prayer to someone you meet. You never know who might be needy prayer for their issues. Jesus is out the only hope in times of need and will bring answers to these prayers. Sandy wrote, "I added Jessie to our Church's prayer list knowing he would be saturated with powerful prayers. I am expecting God to move in amazing ways in his life!

In His Hope,
Sandy 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today's Devotional 
"OUR HOPE IS IN YOU ALONE LORD
"
Written by
Sandy Billingham


Just as  I was reaching for a cart at the grocery store a guy from a well known company had already presented one fourth of his spiel in marketing his product to me. He definitely saw me coming, but I was oblivious to the fact. Already steeped in the midst of his presentation, I decided to listen to the end. I asked questions about it, poured over the information, told him I would talk to my husband, and get back to him soon. 


I then decided to ask him if he had any prayer requests. He hesitated, sheepishly smiled, and looked at me for a few seconds. He proceeded to share a few BIG prayer requests with me. I shared with him how God had helped me through some major situations and how God is always faithful. I prayed for Jessie and then invited him to our church. I left to shop and Jessie smiled and thanked me.
Later on that day I talked to my husband to see if he was interested in the product and he was not. As I promised, I texted Jessie, told him he had a great presentation, and let him know our decision. He texted me back thanking me for all that I had done. He shared that he really needed that! He also went on to say that he was giving up on Christ, but I had put Christ back into perspective for him. Then he continued to thank me several times! Jessie's hope had been restored in Jesus.
God's Word tells us...
 "We put our hope in the Lord, He is our help and our shield. 
In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. 
Let your unfailing love surround us, 
Lord for our hope is in you alone."

Psalm 33:20-22


Christ is our only hope. Without Him we have nothing.Without Christ we are hopeless! Our hope is only in Christ and in Him alone. His Word tells us that he is our help and shield and that His love envelopes us. His love will never fail us!


How many millions of Jessie's are out there just waiting for someone to encourage them because they are weighted down with hopelessness? How many Jessie's are out there and feel like there is no solution to their problems. They are feeling all alone or maybe even abandoned. We as Christ's representatives have the answer. We are Jesus' hand and feet, and we can gently show them that there is always hope in Christ and in Christ alone.
I added Jessie to our Church's prayer list knowing he would be saturated with powerful prayers. I am expecting God to move in amazing ways in his life!
I am thankful for such an incredible God that restores the Hopeless, in which He fails us not!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"All My Hope"
sung by
David Crowder

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily you by the Devotional Writers 
  and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers:
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Bre Miller, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors:
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment