Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monthly Writing for August...9/3/18..."EXTRAORDINARY ME'


Good morning.

Today's writing is shared by Cathy Friberg who writes at the beginning of every month. The writing  is called, "EXTRAORDINARY ME" originally written by Julie Clinton. The theme of this writing is that as a woman you are extraordinary through the association with and approval of God in your life. In spite of the mental war of wanting to be righteous but still making unwise choices of behavior, we totally are loved by God. Here is a quote from this writing..."Lord, thank you for creating me as me. I want to offer myself to you today as a living sacrifice, and find my ultimate identity in you…not in what I do or what other people think of me…I choose today to receive that you are the King and I am your daughter, by grace."

Blessings from
Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's Devotional a

"EXTRAORDINARY ME"
Shared by Cathy Friberg 


Today I'd like to share a devotional written by Julie Clinton. It speaks to us of the unconditional love we, as Christian women, are privileged to experience every day. 

Julie wrote...
"Have you ever gotten tired of all the craziness…the idea that you’ve got to be perfect, put together…and dance to make everybody happy? Throw in one of those bad hair days. Nothing fits right. Nothing looks right. And, definitely, nothin’s going right. You look in the mirror and say, “Uhhhhh…” And then, all of a sudden, you hear a little voice from the kitchen that says, “Hey mom, where’s my breakfast?” And it’s not God talking.
"If you’ve had one of those days lately, you probably laughed when you read the title, 'Extraordinary Me.' because you feel pretty average.



"But the truth is this: What makes you and me extraordinary is not what we do or don’t do, but the fact that we are loved by an extraordinary God. 

“For God so loved the world
 that he gave his only son”
John 3:16 

…for you…for me. That makes us special.



"We are complex creatures, and when we become Christians, the Bible says that we are a new creation. Still, as long as we live on this earth, we war within ourselves: prone to sin, and yet, wanting to please God. Both desires exist in us at the same time, and we are wise to acknowledge this fact. 


I read a statement that summarizes this “just right” identity. It says:
“I’m wonderfully created, tragically fallen,
 deeply loved, and totally accepted by God. 


"The “extraordinary me” is the woman who knows she is dearly loved by God. I’m overwhelmed that He loves me just the way I am, with all of my flaws and fears. It’s refreshing to be able to be completely honest with Him because He already knows everything about me—and He is thrilled to call me his own, a daughter of the King.
"You are the King’s daughter. Stop and ponder that. Your heart is all glorious within. You are clothed with righteous robes, interwoven with gold. And none of this is from yourself. It is undeserved and unmerited favor—God’s grace.


"Wow. When Isaiah started to “get” this, he erupted in praise:
I delight greatly in the LORD. My soul rejoices in my God. 
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation 
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness…
as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 
Isaiah 61:10
"Lord, thank you for creating me as me. I want to offer myself to you today as a living sacrifice, and find my ultimate identity in you…not in what I do or what other people think of me…I choose today to receive that you are the King and I am your daughter, by grace."

Written by  Julie Clinton  ("Extraordinary Women Devotional")
Shared by Cathy Friberg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"HOW CAN IT BE"
Sung by
Lauren Daigle


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prayers are lifted up daily you by the Devotional Writers 
  and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers:
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Bre Miller, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors:
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment