Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday Writing...7/31/18...“Taking Our Thoughts Captive”

Good Morning,

The theme of this writing is that we should always strive to keep our thoughts captive and pleasing to God. This is not always easy to do, but it can be a work in progress. Working on this will bring us joy and satisfaction. Sandy often takes a happening in her life and turns it into material for her devotional. I love that. A question about closets at a jewelry party sparked the thoughts for this writing. Sandy wrote, "I pray as you are reading this devotion that you too will reap the benefits of God’s goodness as you pursue “heavenly closet tune-up”in the near future!"

Taking Captive of My Thoughts...Sandy ................and Corinne, too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's Devotional 
“Taking Our Thoughts Captive” bySandy Billingham


I recently attended a jewelry party and they asked an interesting question to the guests. The question was, "Do you enjoy walking in your closet preparing how you will dress each day?" Immediately my thoughts were not too positive. My closet would definitely not win the best orderly closet award. I would be quite embarrassed if someone were to come and check out my closet. In fact that question motivated me to the point that I have been getting my closet in better order.



That question also challenged me in a different dimension. It brought me to a place regarding my thoughts. I was prompted to question my- self point- blank…What about the closets of my mind? Do I have thought patterns and mind sets that I am embarrassed about and that I need to change? Am I allowing negative thoughts to camp out in the closets of my mind that are not pleasing to my God? When I asked myself that question I was impressed to ask the Holy Spirit of those areas if I needed to change. And you guessed it… the answer was a definite yes!! I was in need of a “heavenly closet tune-up” of renewing my mind in the things of God.

That tune-up required for me time alone with God. Time with just the two of us, meaning no distractions of any kind. That time of being still and truly listening to the voice of my Master and knowing that He is God is invaluable. Time on meditating on His Word and thinking on those thoughts that are noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy.
The Lord reminded me in His Word...
“We demolish arguments and every pretension
that sets itself up against the knowledge of God,
and we take captive every thought
 to make it obedient to Christ.”
 2 Corinthians 10:5
Anything in my mind that is contrary to God’s Word, I am to take captive of and ask the Lord to demolish each one making it obedient onto the Lord. Asking the Lord to exchange negative thoughts to thoughts that are in line with God’s thoughts that are pleasing onto Him.
I desire my mind to be in order with God’s thinking. I am to walk with the mind of Christ and not allow an unrenewed mind to 
call the shots.
I am so glad I took the initiative for the “heavenly closet tune-up” for my mind. I am finding it amazingly beneficial and I am experiencing a greater amount of God’s peace, joy and grace. I pray as you are reading this devotion that you too will reap the benefits of God’s goodness as you pursue “heavenly closet tune-up”in the near future!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bring Every Thought Into Captivity"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lots of lessons and food for thought on these two pages.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers:
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Bre Miller, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors:
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing thoughts that I have been thinking about myself again...

    ReplyDelete