Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thursday Writing...6/28/18..."Wait, Listen, and Hear Him"

Good Morning,

The theme of today's writing is that we would do well to wait for the Lord to speak and then listen and follow what He is saying. Here is a quote from this writing, "The reality is there are times when our enemies appear to have the upper hand and our cause is lost. But wait and listen to the psalm! (Psalm 27.1-6) All is not lost because, ultimately, God is our light and salvation. The darkness will lift, and our Savior will come. He will settle all scores, and we will live in the beauty of His presence."

Looking forward to living in His presence forever!
Brother Thomas. Jody, & Corinne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 


Today's Devotional

"Wait, Listen, and Hear Him"
by
Brother Thomas Ukwute & Jody Ward


Jesus’ mother, Mary, was there. Jesus and his disciples were guests also. While they were celebrating, the wine ran out; and Mary hurried over to Jesus with the problem.





Mary: The host stands on the brink of embarrassment; there are many guests, and there is no more wine. They have run out. Can you do something about it?

Jesus: Dear woman, is it our problem they miscalculated when buying wine and inviting guests? My dear one, don’t you understand that if I do this, it won’t change anything for you, but it will change everything for me! My hour of unveiling my power has not yet come.

But she turned to the servants.

Mary: Whatever my son tells you to do, make sure you do it.


John 2.2-5



Your ability to hear from the Lord and do exactly what He says you should do is the key to unlocking the flood gates of heaven to release the miraculous in your life. Nothing more, nothing less. It is a simple, straightforward and uncomplicated, but it requires determined effort on our part.

May the Lord give us a deep desire and hunger to wait upon Him, listen for His voice and hear His direction. Pray that He helps us to be patient in any situation and to wait for His leading, in Jesus name amen.

And then, when you know the course He has set for you, and the task He asks of you, do it.



Meditation Psalm 27.1-6 – The Voice Bible

The Eternal is my light amidst my darkness
    and my rescue in times of trouble.
    So whom shall I fear?
He surrounds me with a fortress of protection.
    
So nothing should cause me alarm.
When my enemies advanced
    to devour me alive,
They tripped and fell flat on their faces into the soil.
When the armies of the enemy surround me,
    I will not be afraid.
When death calls for me in the midst of war,
    my soul is confident and unmoved.
I am pleading with the Eternal for this one thing,
    my soul’s desire:
To live with Him all of my days—
    in the shadow of His temple,
To behold His beauty and ponder His ways
    in the company of His people.
His house is my shelter and secret retreat.
    It is there I find peace in the midst of storm and turmoil.

Safety sits with me in the hiding place of God.    He will set me on a rock, high above the fray.
God lifts me high above those with thoughts
    of death and deceit that call for my life.
I will enter His presence, offering sacrifices and praise.
    In His house, I am overcome with joy
As I sing, yes, and play music for the Eternal alone.




The psalms provide us with a way to think about and pray through the various threats we face. Our enemies today may not be the same as in biblical times, but they are no less real. Consider the threats on the horizon. Some may be national. Others may be more personal. Still they come to surround us and destroy us if they could only get the chance. 

The reality is there are times when our enemies appear to have the upper hand and our cause is lost. But wait and listen to the this psalm! All is not lost because, ultimately, God is our light and salvation. The darkness will lift, and our Savior will come. He will settle all scores, and we will live in the beauty of His presence.


Matt Redman 
sings
"1o,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found it hard to actually read this graphic so I pondered on it 
and then wrote it as it should be read.

"May the Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God Our Father
Who loved us
And by His grace gave us eternal encouragement
& GOOD HOPE"



This graphic is not a word for word quote of 2 Thessalonians 2:15 .
However it is based on the meaning in this scripture verse


"So, brothers and sisters,
all you need to do now is
 stand firm and hold tight
to the line of teachings we have passed on to you,
whether in person or in a letter."

2 Thessalonians 2:15 ...The Voice
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Collette Phillips, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment