Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday Writing..."Mending on the Way to Mended"...5/9/18

Good morning

It is edifying to know that you are not left to your own devices when you need to construct a proper dwelling place for yourself. Your Father has plans to guide you and teach you what materials to keep and what not to keep...what tools to use and what tools not to use...what design will be the most comfortable for you. Here is a quote from this writing, "Enrich my understanding of the "whys and hows"of what I need to do in order to come to the successful completion of my life using the gifts you have given me...gifts to make my "building" be the best it can be. May I please you in all I do."

Benefitting from using my marvelous God-given tools.

Corinne 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional...

"Mending on the Way to Mended"
by 
Corinne Mustafa


On the last weekend in April Woman's Focus Ministries had its eighth annual retreat. The topic we featured was "Under Construction." I want to talk about that subject in this writing. The truth is that if we are not under construction we are no longer living. Creating is another word for this activity by which a person grows and matures. From the moment we are born we are under construction. In this case, it means the normal growth that actually begins at conception and concludes when a person draws her last breath before going to be with the Lord. It is automatic, and we do not have a role.



Still, how we deal mentally and physically along the automatic process described above, IS actually our responsibility. In the process God is working to have us grow along the ways He has planned for us. We need to listen and adopt the things He is bringing into our hearts and minds. If we do we are a worker in our own construction. We become like earthmovers following God's blueprint.




But God’s not finished.
He’s waiting around to be gracious to you.
    He’s gathering strength to show mercy to you.
God takes the time to do everything right—everything.
    Those who wait around for him are the lucky ones.
Isaiah 30:18

Every day as we begin we need to make this declaration to our living God...

I will build my life upon your love
It is a firm foundation
I will put my trust in You alone
And I will not be shaken.

When we lie down and pray our good nights to Him before we sleep, we need to check with Him how well we have done that day.

  • Were we mindful of our intentions to do what He asks? 
  • Did we keep our focus completing the day's jobs for our life and soul? 
  • Thank Him for the guidance He gave us and pray for the new day to come.


Father, 
Please continue to guide me along the paths You have chosen for me to follow. Open my ears to hear, and help me be willing to be obedient. Enrich my understanding of the "whys Sand hows"of what I need to do in order to come to the successful completion of my life using the gifts you have given me...gifts to make my building be the best it can be. May I please you in all I do...Amen


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kari Jobe
sings
The More I Seek You"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enter the Construction zone 
of your Father.
He will guide you 
and teach you how to best
REMODEL 
your dwelling into 
the creation He has in His
mind just for you,


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Collette Phillips, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment