Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Friday Writing..."Quiet Moments"...3/11/18

Good Morning,

The topic of today's writing is the importance of taking moments in quiet and solitude to be with the Lord to pray, talk, and sing. Karen wrote, "Those quiet moments bring rest and renewal. His peace floods my senses, drawing me ever closer to Him. These are special moments of love and calm, strength and hope!" You will surely relish your quiet time spent with God.

It is a great habit,
Karen & Corinne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional

 "Quiet Moments With My Father"
by 
Karen Bennett



   
    I sat in the park, overlooking the peaceful, still water of the pond and watching the geese, ducks, and swans lazily float on the calm, glassy surface. I smiled, thinking of my first reaction each time I find myself in a situation of such serenity. I want to pray! I do pray! I cannot help but pray! The peaceful surroundings seem to put me directly in touch with our loving Lord. I feel the need to talk to Him when I am faced with such beautiful calm. 

    I rush to Him even more than when I’m in the middle of a problem to which I can’t seem to discover the solution. Those quiet moments bring rest and renewal. His peace floods my senses, drawing me ever closer to Him. These are special moments of love and calm, strength and hope!


   “The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
He leads me beside quiet waters, 
He restores my soul.” 
Psalm 23:1-3a.


    When I was a very young woman and troubled over anything, I would seek the calm of a walk on the shore of Lake Michigan. I would sit on the sandy beach and begin talking to God. It would turn into a lovely quiet time with Him, reminding me that my life was in His hands and there was nobody who could take better care of me. 

    Those walks taught me to appreciate quiet, peaceful places alone with Him, because my soul was calmed each time.

   
 “He got up, rebuked the wind 
and said to the waves, ‘Quiet! Be still!’ 
Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.” 
Mark 4:39.

    As He calmed the sea, so did He calm my troubled heart. It’s the peace that passes all understanding, a precious blessing. The Lord blesses His people with peace. The times that were riddled with trouble became soft moments of His presence in my life.

Psalm 46:10a.

      Yes, we need run to Him when we have trouble and need His help. Of that, there is no doubt. But, when we see God’s handiwork all around us in quiet, peaceful, and beautiful areas, it’s impossible not to think of Him! If nothing is troubling us right then, it’s a time to pray unlike any other. 



     I used to climb the steep hill behind our home when we lived high in the Colorado Rockies, just for a sweet visit with our Lord. The view was breathtaking and His presence felt. I could talk endlessly to Him, worship Him and praise Him. Some days I’d even sing a song or two to honor Him. It was wonderful! 



     Now I spend time at the pond in the park. On a quiet day, I can commune with Him interruption free. The approach is calm and quiet, the visit peaceful and serene. Don’t live your life so rushed that you miss incredible visits such as these, so intimate, so close.

     Father, help us to find the quiet times when our faith can be nurtured even more than usual. Let us use those times to calmly converse with You and draw ever closer to You. In Your Son’s precious name we pray. Amen.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"I Will Be Still and Know"
Hillsong




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No matter what happens to us
we know that He always takes care of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Collette Phillips, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment