Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Friday Writing..."For Granted!"...1/18/18

Good Morning,

The theme of Karen's writing today is the blessings of the five God-given senses which are so important in how we perceive, learn, and mature. Karen wrote, "We should be certain to thank You for something as wonderful as our senses and the joys they bring us. Help us to remember to thank You for everything about our creation and all the things You have brought us to do and enjoy."

Thankful for our five senses and what we learn from them.
Karen & Corinne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today's Devotional 

"Don’t Take Anything For Granted!" 
by 
Karen Bennett



   We were driving home from a friend’s house early this evening and stared at the sunset. It was so breathtakingly beautiful, it looked like a fire in the clouds. Pinks, mauves, reds, purples, all blended in the sky. Then I saw wonder in the face of my granddaughter as she gazed at that wonderful display of color. She looked so cute, that I was struck by her appreciation of the scene spread out before her. 



   Dear Lord, I forgot to thank You
for my sense of sight today! I’m sorry.





   A huge group of kids was playing at the park, giggling and laughing up a storm. They started to sing some of the songs they had learned In Sunday School. It was delightful to hear their little voices praising Jesus for loving them and saving them. It made me feel warm all over.



   Dear Lord, I forgot to thank You
for my sense of hearing today! I’m sorry.


   


All at once, I felt a comforting hug pushing through my sadness. Love surrounded me with that hug and certainly let me know my friend cared. The next thing I knew, there was a soft caress on my cheek, gentle, and kind, raising my spirits in its tenderness. 

     Dear Lord, I forgot to thank You
for my sense of touch today. I’m sorry!

   
     
    We were hungry and just couldn’t wait till dinner before eating something. Some boxes and bags were brought out of the pantry, opened, and soon we were happily munching a few snacks to carry us over till dinner time. It all tasted so delicious, we did get a bit carried away. They were awesome.

Dear Lord, I forgot to thank You 
for my sense of taste today. I’m sorry!
   

   

 
   
Walking in the woods, we enjoyed the calm and peace, as well as the fresh air permeated with the aroma of pine. A faint breeze also lifted the scents of the delicate wildflowers all along the path here and there. It had such a calming effect on us, to walk through all the trees, taking deep breaths and feeling refreshed. 

Dear Lord, I forgot to thank You 
for my sense of smell today. I’m sorry!

     

      We give thanks to God each day for the loved ones and friends in our lives and all the special things. We thank Him for His provision and for any and all new blessings bestowed upon us. We also take many things for granted, barely giving them a second thought. Many times they are things that help to make our lives beautiful. 
   “I praise You because I am 
fearfully and wonderfully made, 
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
Psalm 139:14

    Father, We are fearfully and wonderfully made. The human body is complex and in Your image. We should be certain to thank You for something as wonderful as our senses and the joys they bring us. Help us to remember to thank You for everything about our creation and all the things you have brought us to do and enjoy. We thank You for our bodies with all their intricacies and ask Your help in taking care of them as well. 
   In Your name, we pray.
        Amen. 





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Here are some scriptures about the five senses. 


 SIGHT}  Now faith is the assurance
of things hoped for, 
the conviction of things not seen.Hebrews 11:1


 Taste}  But solid food is for the mature, 
who because of practice have their senses trained
 to discern good and evil.Hebrews 5:14 

 Touch}  Therefore let us draw near with confidence
to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy
and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

 Sound} ...it is said,
“TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS, 
Hebrews 3:15

 Smell}  But thanks be to God! For through what Christ has done, 
He has triumphed over us so that now wherever we go
He uses us to tell others about the Lord
and to spread the Gospel like a sweet perfume.

2 Corinthians 2:14 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Collette Phillips, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment