Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday Writing...5/6/20..."GOD IS MY ROCK"

Good Morning,

Rocks are among the least destructible things on earth. Still, a rock can be destroyed by an earthquake or erode when they are challenged  by tides and waves. God is just the kind of rock that a person truly be relied upon. Here is a quote from this writing, "Our good news is that we serve a mighty God, who never will let us down. His “rockness” will never crack, and we are safe to rely on Him."

He is the only one about which we can say this.

Leaning on my Rock,
Corinne Mustafa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Today's the roDevotional
"
GOD IS MY ROCK
Written by 
Corinne Mustafa


“The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer,
my
God is my Rock
, in Whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior---
from violent people You save me.”
2 Samuel 22:2-3



The word that stood out to me in this scripture is the word rock. When we think of a rock, even a small rock, we think of something strong and indestructible. Paper tears, vegetables spoil, flowers bloom and then fade. However, when thinking of a rock, something strong, solid and durable comes to mind. God is our rock and “horn of our salvation.” We need this, and we are blessed to have a God we can rely on.



Ok, I am finally getting back to the ROCK. As I began to consider rocks I started to picture Yosemite with its amazing rocks that extend up as high as 5,oo0 feet above the valley floor. My personal favorite is Glacier Point. Standing beside the bottom of that granite fortress a person can feel very small. From the top, the view is magnificent. We surely feel safe standing there where the only worry is staying a safe distance away from the edge.



So, I see rocks such as Glacier Point and the other rock formations in Yosemite as indestructible…maybe even forever. However, I remember as I picture looking out to the east where Half Dome can be seen. Half Dome is the rock that was listed in my research as the peak that is 5,000 feet high. 


That is quite a rock…no doubt a robust rock. But wait a minute! Sometime in years gone by, maybe eons ago, Half Dome lost the other half of its dome.  This great rock turns out to be less than a stronghold in spite of its “rockness.” 
Our good news is that we serve a mighty God, who never will let us down. His “rockness” will never crack, and we are safe to rely on Him. Here are the lyrics to a song that sings the praises of who God is and how we can depend on our "rock."

A mighty Fortress is our God, A Bulwark never failing; 

Our Helper He amid the flood. Of mortal ills prevailing: 
For still our ancient foe. Doth seek to work us woe; 
His craft and power are great, but
A mighty Fortress is our God, 
A Bulwark never failing!


Father God, I praise you and have gratitude that you are my personal rock on Whom I can always rely on for teaching, protection, and always loving me. I rest in the confidence that with you by my side I will always be protected. When I follow You, I know that I am on a safe path towards your plan that You have created especially for my life. Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "GOD IS MY ROCK'
Paul Baloche

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Prayers are lifted up daily for you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
 Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Cathy Friberg, 
Jan Andersen and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Terri Baker
Lynda Kinnard, Beverley Napier, 
 Amie Spruiell, Linda Garrett, and Lisabeth Lipp








No comments:

Post a Comment