Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday Writing...3/3/20..."Behold, I Am Doing A New Thing!"


Good Morning,
Today the writing speaks about how new things happen in our lives. Sometimes the changes can be painful when we are torn from our comfort zone. However, we to understand and accept that the changes that matter originate from the love of God. Sandy wrote, "The Lord is telling us to not remember the former things or the things of old. He is doing new things in our life that are springing forth. He is making a way for us where it has been rocky and difficult and His rivers of living water in the dry places." 
We need to go there willingly.
Happy He Makes All Things New,Sandy Billingham
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Today's Devotional
"Behold, I Am Doing A New Thing!"
Written by Sandy Billingham

I have been wearing my comfy, cozy, fuzzy, grey slippers for a long, long time. They actually look pretty disgusting when you get right down to it! The thing for me is that I have had them for so long that I really don't want to part with them. l just slip them on in the morning and away I go with the start of my day! But what I wasn't really thinking was how marvelous a brand new pair of slippers would feel on my feet. I was happy with the old, scruffy slippers, even though in the back of my mind I knew it would be great for my feet to have brand new slippers! I just wasn't really sure I was willing to part with the old ones.

Isn't that how it can be in our walk with God sometimes? We are happily walking with Him and enjoying the relationship with Him. We are comfortable right where we are with Him, then all of a sudden He begins to show us something new. He is telling us it was good to do things a certain way for a while, but now He is saying it is time to move on and do things a little differently. Whoa! That sometimes just doesn't set well with our fleshly ways. We love things just they way they are and really don't want to change anything!

Let's take a close look at His Word which says...
"Do not remember the former things, Nor consider
the things of old. 
Behold, I will do a new thing, 
Now it shall spring forth. Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road 
in the wilderness 
and rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:18-20


The Lord is telling us to not remember the former things or the things of old. He is doing new things in our life that are springing forth. He is making a way for us where it has been rocky and difficult and His rivers of living water in the dry places. He is doing something fresh and new in our life and He wants us to move forward with Him. We are not to be stagnant and keep our old ways, but grab hold of the new things at hand.

I will tell you that I finally caved in to buying some 'cushioney', very comfortable slippers. I am leaving the old slippers behind me! Each morning, as I slide my feet in my brand new slippers, I will not forget what the Lord has revealed to my heart.  The Lord is always setting before me new things just ready to spring forth in my life! He makes all things new!!


"DESERT SONG"
Sung by
Hillsong Worship
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for you by the Devotional Writers
and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries

Blog Writers


Amie Spruiell, Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward, 
Sandy Billingham, Lynda Kinnard, Bre Miller
Debbie Rodriguez, Carol Steficek, Cathy Friberg
Jan Andersen and Corinne Mustafa





No comments:

Post a Comment