Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday Writing...1/28/20..."What Is That In Your Eye???"

Good Morning,

The Bible Scripture about the plank in someone's eye is a lesson about being judgmental and hypocritical. Sandy wrote, "Once we have humbled ourselves and allowed pride to be demolished and taken care of our sin, then and only then is it alright to remove the speck from our brother's eye."

We need to take care of cleaning up our own faults before we turn ourselves into judge and jury.

In His Gentle Love, 
Sandy Billingham
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional
"What Is That In Your Eye???"

Written by 
Sandy Billingham

Recently I had experienced some small foreign object in my eye. As hard as I tried, and as much as I tried to rub it out, nothing seemed to work. This went on for quite some time. It became very uncomfortable and I wondered just how long I was going to have to deal with this annoying situation. And then finally I got breakthrough. Whatever it was, it was gone forever, and I was able to get relief in my eye.

I immediately began to dwell on this scripture... 




"And why do you look 
at the speck in your brother's eye, 
but do not consider 
the plank in your own eye? 
Or how can you 
say to your brother, 
"Let me remove the speck
 from your eye; 
and look, a plank 
is in your own eye?"
Matthew 7:3-4 




How many times have I been quick to point out or possibly think about a brother or sister's weaknesses, when all the time I have many looming in my own life. To be quite honest I'd rather not share the times that has happened.

Jesus clearly tells us why do we look at that speck in our brother's eye when all along we forget to look at the mammoth plank that is in our own eye.



It is so easy at times to be judgmental and critical with someone and not even think twice of the sin that may be in our very own life. It may be because I don't want to take time to deal with my sin, but I still want to make my brother aware of his. Also, it is much easier to be critical then take care of the obvious!

Just like I was extremely uncomfortable with the foreign object in my eye, so it is when we have sin in our life. It is uncomfortable and not a good feeling. It will continue to be uncomfortable until we do something about it. We have to take those steps to remove the plank in our own eyes.

As we choose to remove the plank in our own eyes then Jesus clearly tells us...


 "Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, 
and then you will see clearly to remove 
the speck from your brother's eye.
 Matthew 7:5

Once we have humbled ourselves and allowed pride to be demolished and taken care of our sin, then and only then is it alright to remove the speck from our brother's eye.

As I think of it now, I am very grateful of the reminder of the speck and the plank. 

I pray that I would be quick to be a plank remover from my own eye and always gentle in removing the speck from my brother's eye. I should be doing so in proper order.Thank you Lord for life lessons you give us daily as we lean in to hear your heart beat and desire to obey.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MATT WEST


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for you by the Devotional Writers and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries


Blog Writers

Sandy Billingham, Karen Bennett, 
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  
Bre Miller,  Lynda KinnardAmie Spruiell, 
Debbie Rodriguez, Jan Andersen
Carol Steficek and Corinne Mustafa








No comments:

Post a Comment