Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday Writing...11/18/19... "Holiday Thoughts"

Good morning,

I know it is early to be talking about the holidays. However, I already sense holiday angst as the advertisements have already jumped over Thanksgiving  to Christmas and are inundating us with messages of sales, shop now for early black Friday specials you will not believe. All this makes it hard to hold onto the thought that "Jesus is the Reason for the Season."Here is a quote from this writing, "I believe that my take away which I am going to share is to keep on working on the possible and do not running around the impossible. Give the whole situation to Jesus who HAS "overcome the world."

You can do it.

Have a blessed week,
Corinne Mustafa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional
 "Holiday Thoughts"
 Written by 
Corinne Mustafa

In the end cast all your anxiety on Him.
because He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7


For me, the holiday season began last night. We have a group called "Supper Club" which meets every month for dinner. People pot luck it with their best effort of cooking to share. Last night it was off the chart. There were thirty two people in attendance, which had never happened  before. I was the hostess, and I did my best to stage five tables with Thanksgiving decor for a sit down dinner. In the midst of that my stove died because suddenly there was no power getting to it. Needless to say, I became very disturbed, as I tried to figure out how to proceed. In the end I farmed out the turkey to a friend to bake for me. When the crowd started arriving my angst receded. In the end, a great time was had by all, especially me.

I know it is early to begin talks of the holidays, but I think it is a good time so that we can be prepared to cruise the holiday paths with success.





I am sure it is no surprise to any of you that the holidays can be very stressful. Life with all its challenges goes on, and all the preps and busyness are piled on top. To say that during the holidays we feel the pressures and anxiety bearing down is an understatement. I do not have to list you all the challenges that are a part of a woman's self appointed daily add on's or the add on's that others assign to us. 

I went to a conference last weekend and Christine Caine, one of the leaders, did a talk called TAKE HEART. It was based on the scripture that says...


...In this world you will have trouble,
But take heart for I have overcome the world.
John 16:33 b


Her main point was that worry and fretfulness is not a good way to deal with challenges either expected or unexpected. I know this concept but still I was in despair about my dead electric range. In the end all the problems were overcome in one way or another, and the evening blessed us all. I believe that my take away which I am going to share is to keep on working on the possible and not running around the impossible. Give the whole situation to Jesus who HAS "overcome the world. Most of all it is important to have faith that things will turn out. It could be different than what we expect, it can be but it still can be good.


hope you can enjoy the holidays. Here are some thoughts that might help.
  • In the morning pray and ask God for strength and wisdom to accomplish what you need to do and let go of what you need to do another time.
  • Take mini time out's where you sit quietly and take time to relax.
  • Making lists helps me immensely to keep on track - to use to remind your self what is next
  • Every day remind yourself that "Jesus is the Reason for the Season."
  • Smile a lot when you look in the mirror and compliment yourself on a job well done!
  • When you finally call it a day and                                                           hit the hay say a prayer of thanks                                                          to the One who loves you off the chart.
This could be your least stressful holiday season ever!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


^^^^^^^Never forget this!^^^^^^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prayers are lifted up daily for you by the Devotional Writers and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers


Sandy Billingham, Karen Bennett, 
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward, 
Amie Spruiell, Lynda Kinnard, Bre Miller
Debbie Rodriguez, Carol Steficek,
Jan Andersen and Corinne Mustafa

No comments:

Post a Comment