Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday Writing...3/19/19..."Love Them Anyway..."

Good Morning,

This writing today is about the fact that how difficult and mean natured people behave a person should love them anyway. Sandy wrote, "My role as a believer was to love, forgive, accept, encourage, and pray for each of them.  As I yielded to that I experienced God's peace and rest."

That peace and rest from God can be yours as well.


In His Compassion and Kindness, 
Sandy Billingham
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional

"Love Them Anyway..."
Written by
Sandy Billingham



 
In the last couple of weeks there have been multiple times when I have felt that people have mistreated me. Of course, my flesh rises up and I want to speak my mind, but every time, I sense the Lord stopping me from doing so. I know we have all been in that place at some time or other. It is not a fun place to be in. It doesn't seem to stop at just one person but it continues with others mistreating us.


So, what does the Bible have to say about this particular issue? It says clearly
 
And be kind to one another,
tender-hearted, 
forgiving one another,
even as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

That is how we are to respond to those that hurt us and do unkind things to us. Yes, we do need to set our boundaries. and at times, we may lovingly need to share certain things with them, but Ephesians 4:32 puts in all in perfect perspective.


I also felt impressed that the people that were mistreating me were struggling in some way, be it discouragement, stress, or hurting. That helped me to see that it wasn't me. It was often because of the challenges they were facing that I was getting the brunt of it. I then realized I did not have to take it personally.

My role as a believer was to love, forgive, accept, encourage, and pray for each of them.  As I yielded to that I experienced God's peace and rest. I was no longer striving and trying to figure out what kind of a comeback or revenge I needed to deliver to them.

I am experiencing more and more each day that God's Word truly works! I now know that in the coming days, weeks and months I will be ready to respond in God's way and I will always choose "to love them anyway."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You Love Me Anyway"

Sung by
Sidewalk Prophets


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  SHARE  SOME  OF  YOU KINDNESS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for you by the Devotional Writers 
  and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers:
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Bre Miller, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa
Elizabeth McElderry, Betty Espindola, 
 Lynda Kinnard
Amie Spruiell, and Debbie Rodriguez

Occasional Contributors:
Kathy Bireley, Terri Baker, Beverley Napier,
 Kelly Dobyns, Glenna Williamson,  
Amie Spruiell, and Lisabeth Lipp, 

No comments:

Post a Comment