Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monthly Writing for March.."Helping Hearts"...2/25/19

Good morning,


Today's writing is shared by Cathy Friberg who writes at the beginning of every month. The writing  is called, "Helping Hearts" which discusses how people can find others who will reach out with a desire to help others who may be in need. When we do that, we become more effective in life as we live it throughout the day.

Cathy wrote, "I guess the take away from this, is to never underestimate the value of reaching out to help others. Even if your gestures seem trivial to you, they are so important to the recipient and to the Lord. " 

This is a great time as we are two months into the new year of 2019 to plan out the year and set some goals of what we are going to do to have a good affect on the lives of others.

Blessings from
Cathy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


                                                      The March Writing of the Month


"HELPING HEARTS"
Written by
Cathy Friberg


The new year can be a time of reflection as we survey our past in preparation for the future. As I thought on former times, the Lord brought to mind those people who had helped me significantly along life's journey. There are several people whose help I will forever be grateful for! 



The first person I thought of was a Christian neighbor who held my hand through the initial years of my homeschooling endeavor. Even though my eight year old daughter embraced the experience and began to thrive, I continued to battle with spirits of fear and doubt. My neighbor and mentor encouraged me almost daily. She taught me the ropes and created play dates and group teaching experiences with my girl and her own four daughters. My counselor, coach, and friend gave me the courage and skills I needed to carry out this special calling.in

Another "God -Send" in my life was a friend who prayed for me without ceasing for two years as I went through a very painful health challenge. As a result of her prayers, the Lord led my friend to a natural remedy which literally eliminated my physical pain once and for all. I give the Lord all the glory for my healing as He is the ultimate healer. However, God used my friend to seek Him for my miracle. 

A third individual who has impacted my life so greatly is my Pastor of about 20 years. His positive and compassionate teachings and character have been such an encouragement. A true shepherd, he teaches our flock to trust in Lord without reservation. He demonstrates to us, through the Word and his example how truly loved, accepted, and safe we are as children of the Most High God. 

The final person God reminded me of, was a nurse I had as I was recovering from a cesarean -section forty years ago. I was experiencing the most horrific thirst I had ever endured. I was too weak to even ask for water, when this nurse came to my bedside and helped me to receive some ice chips in my mouth. Four decades later I can still vividly remember the feeling of gratitude I had as she blessed me with those precious ice chips. 


I guess the take away from this, is to never underestimate the value of reaching out to help others. Even if your gestures seem trivial to you, they are so important to the recipient and to the Lord. You may not feel that you are making a great sacrifice. Your job, talent, or volunteer position may come fairly easy to you. Be encouraged, however, that your efforts are greatly appreciated and consequential. This New Year may we be sensitive to the needs of those around us. When we see others struggling, may we offer whatever help we can. May our efforts be an extension of God's heart and hands to bless and strengthen humanity.

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received
 to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace 
in its various forms." 
1 Peter 4:10


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helping one another to succeed.

People can succeed on their own with a lot of dedication.
However, they have to rely on their skill and knowledge.
It can be a long process of trial and error.
When a group of friends come together with help 
and ideas the end result will usually be done sooner
and be made unique by the ideas that are shared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Broken Together"
sung by 
Casting Crowns


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for you
 by the Devotional Writers and the Monthly Writing Staff
 of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers:
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Bre Miller, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa
Elizabeth McElderry, Betty Espindola,  Lynda Kinnard
Amie Spruiell, and Debbie Rodriguez

Occasional Contributors:
Kathy Bireley, Terri Baker, Beverley Napier,
 Kelly Dobyns, Glenna Williamson, 
   Lisabeth Lipp.

1 comment: