Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thursday Writing...11/9/18..."Feeling and Hearing God"

Good Morning,

Today the writing is concerned with the various ways that we can experience God. What is sure is that God has many avenue to communicate with people. I would imagine that there are as many methods of reaching His people as there are people He reaches. Here is a quote from this writing, "When I was still learning I often heard people saying. 'God told me...' I asked my mentor what that mean. She said there are many ways that God speaks to us." Read this blog to find a list of the ways God converses with you.

Listen for your God as He interconnects with you.
Corinne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                           
        
                                                                                   Today's Devotional

"Feeling and Hearing God" 
Written by 
Corinne Mustafa


Have you ever felt God. I am talking of a sensation in a physical way such as standing beside Him and feeling His warmth or even feeling him as you can feel your own fingers when you hold them together. When we pray faith tells us that God is near listening to our words of praise, joy, supplication, and so on. We believe that His hand holds us like the hand of a father. There are pictures of people thinking and praying while God is there listening. However, these are only artistic intellectual portrayals of who God is and how He interacts in our lives.





When I first started walking on the path I am now following (actually only in my first year of that journey), I had an amazing experience of feeling God. It was akin to  this picture that I am showing you above. The children are surrounded by wispy wafts of air and breezes. They are actually within  these currents. Sometimes with this experience a feeling of floating is a part of the experience.


Here is my story. I was in my "office" talking on the phone to my friend B. We were talking about the Lord and the things we had been learning about him. B. is a spiritually insightful woman, and I always liked talking to her. Suddenly, I started to feel different. It was as if the air around me felt different. The only way I could describe it was to say that it was heavier and felt a bit liquid. The only thing missing that is in the picture was that I was not floating.

All of a sudden B. said to me, "Corinne, God is there with you." I answered that I knew. It was the only response that I could think of to explain the phenomenon I was experiencing.  We hung up, and for more than a half hour I set there speechless. Then the sensation began to fade. I cannot say that I was nonchalant about it, but I did not know what to think or do.

In later years, as I became a bit more "informed" so to speak, I berated myself for not talking to Him and asking all the questions that I wish I had known to ask. Now I understand that feeling or hearing God is not necessarily a physical experience. It is a mental experience.


When I was still learning I often heard people saying. "God told me..." I asked my mentor what that mean. She said there are many ways that God speaks to us. She listed the Word, the Sunday message, perhaps something a friend says, the words of a song. The list goes on and on.

Still I am so grateful for the experience
I was overwhelmed by many years ago
when God blessed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Mercy Me
sings
"Word of God Speak"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


























~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for you by the Devotional Writers 
  and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers:
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Bre Miller, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa
Elizabeth McElderry, Betty Espindola, 
 Lynda Kinnard
Amie Spruiell, and Debbie Rodriguez

Occasional Contributors:
Kathy Bireley, Terri Baker, Beverley Napier,
 Kelly Dobyns, Glenna Williamson,  
Amie Spruiell, and Lisabeth Lipp.

No comments:

Post a Comment