Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday Writing...10/3/18..."Burdens or Privileges?"

Good Morning.

Today's writing is a testimony to  what God can do in the life of a person who seems to be on a road that is not where she can be heading. God  has a plan for each of His people for whom He has a plan. His benefits are new every morning, and no matter the path, if we are willing to hear Him, we can be changed for our future. Today's devotional is an example of this. Betty wrote, "When I allow myself to get quiet, to ask God what I need to know, I get answers. All these things that I’ve been viewing as burdens, as nagging “things to do”, are ...privileges...gifts from Him to me."

They are "Privileges not Burdens."
In God's love
Betty
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Today's Devotional

"Burdens or Privileges?"
Written by 

Betty Espendlola 






 For I know the plans I have for you,”                       declares the Lord
“plans to prosper you 
and not to harm you, 
plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call on me 
and come and pray to me, 
and I will listen to you.
Jeremiah 29, 11-12



I am reflecting on how things change over the years.  I look back and see the amazing work God has done in my life.  When I allow myself to pause, to reflect, to breath, I am in awe of all my God has done for me.
 
My life was extremely unmanageable after 15 years of using alcohol, drugs, cigarettes and
people. I was running on my own will, and each day was a burden.  A series of obstacles I had to overcome; where am I going to get money for smokes, where am I getting gas to drive around aimlessly all day because I have no place to call my own? I remember literally praying the light would turn red because I had no idea where I was going, and it gave me time to think!  Where is my next meal coming from? Who have I not bothered in a few days? Do I have enough “stuff” to feel ok today?  How long until I don’t? Did I miss a court date yesterday?

Today, 21 years later and in recovery, still I find myself in this funk lately.  I’m usually a pretty upbeat person, but I’ve been feeling this gloomy, heaviness.  I call it the “Eeyore syndrome”! I’m always in traffic, driving all over, there’s too many things going on.  Everyone wants me to do something, attend some function, and I don’t even have time to clean my house!  Blah, Blah Blah. The pity party was on.

Thank God for prayer time.  
Thank God for who He is in my life 
and my relationship with Him.


When I allow myself to get quiet, to ask God what I need to know, I get answers. All these things that I’ve been viewing as burdens, as nagging “things to do”, are ...privileges.gifts from Him to me.
  • I get to wake up in a beautiful home with a family I love.  
  • I get to go to a job that allows me time to type things up like this here blog!  
  • I get to help women struggling to get and stay clean.  
  • I actually get to use all that negative stuff that happened to me, and help women going through the same stuff.  
  • I get to be the hope today, not the hopeless. 
  • I get to enjoy health and pray for those struggling in theirs.  
  • I get to go to retirement parties and celebrate with people who have been pivotal on my journey because they invited me!  
  • I get to have friends request dinner dates with me! 

What gifts God gives to me that I never would have imagined I could have!

I know that at the end of my life, I won’t be saying, “I wish I would have kept my house cleaner” or “I wish I would have mopped my kitchen floor”.  No, I think I’ll be saying, “I’m glad I went to that party and celebrated her retirement, I’m glad I was part of that Bible study, I’m so grateful my son got to play in the worship team at church. And so many other things. 

Privileges not Burdens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


For King and Country
sings
"ONLY GOD KNOWS"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Prayers are lifted up daily for you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staffof Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Collette Phillips, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment