Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday Writing,,,10/31/18...

Good Morning,

The theme today is found in a frisky bee getting nectar. Birds and bees do not have to worry about getting food. God takes care of them. God also takes care of us, and we also benefit from the care He gives us. Amie wrote, "I said out loud to myself, “And how much more valuable are we to God than fat fuzzy bumble bees?”  Of course, I also looked over at Mr. Fuzzy Buzzy to my left and followed up with...“No offense to you I hope.”  I’m sure none was taken."😚

Hope you have a day filled with blessings!
Amie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional....

"The Lesson of Mr. Fuzzy Buzzy"
Written by
Amie Spruiell

“Buzzz…buzzz...buzzz…” 


I took a break from my day to sit out on my porch under the olive tree on a pleasant July afternoon.  I opened my phone and began to click on my Bible app to the verse of the day when I was distracted by the sound of “buzzing” in the overgrown bush to my left.  

This corner on my porch has always been a peaceful haven…a place to be by myself…or a place to hang out with Mr. Fuzzy Buzzy, enjoying himself in his God-given buffet.




The bush was in full bloom displaying hundreds of little vibrant purple flowers.  No doubt the lovely color and the sweetness of the nectar was a favorite to the fat fuzzy black bumble bee flitting from one flower to the next and filling his round belly to the full with yummy nutrients. 

I smiled.  I often had seen him there, and his joyful dance performance has always been entertaining, causing me to giggle at the sight.  Before I could get back to my Bible app, my phone rang with the caller displayed as my daughter, Tori.
 
I took a deep breath, remembering our earlier conversations over the past couple of weeks  about financial issues she and her husband were having since he’d been on disability.  I had been praying for God’s provision for them. 

When I hit the green button to answer the call, I was greeted by an excited, almost ecstatic  “Tori” voice on the other end.  I sat up and leaned forward, listening to her as she updated
me on what’s happened since we last spoke a few days earlier.  It was one piece of good news after the other—from her husband’s progress in getting his real estate license…to the news that their landlord has allowed them to get out of their lease with their full deposit back…to friends offering to rent to them a smaller house right down the street at half the rent they were paying at the time.  They were even able to land a buyer for their two jet skis, providing some extra cash…especially needed with the extra expense of having a young baby.

Such joy filled us both!  Not only was it all wonderful news, but the timing was perfect as I would be leaving to visit them in a couple days—just in time to help them move. 

After we hung up, I looked back at the fuzzy black ball still bouncing around the flowers.  Then, I went back to my Bible app. Tears filled my eyes as I read the verse the of the day.


"Consider the ravens:  They do not sow or reap, 
they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. 
And how much more valuable you are than birds! 
Luke 12:24

I said out loud to myself, “And how much more valuable are we to God than fat fuzzy bumble bees?”  Of course, I also looked over at Mr. Fuzzy Buzzy to my left and followed up with...

“No offense to you I hope.”  I’m sure none was taken.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lauryn Hill & Tanya Blount
sing 
His Eye Is On The Sparrow"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



10 A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.

26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue

27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;

30-31 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

 Honor her for all that her hands have done,

    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prayers are lifted up daily for you by the Devotional Writers 
  and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries.


Blog Writers:
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Bre Miller, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa
Elizabeth McElderry, Betty Espindola, 
 Lynda Kinnard
Amie Spruiell, and Debbie Rodriguez

Occasional Contributors:
Kathy Bireley, Terri Baker, Beverley Napier,
 Kelly Dobyns, Glenna Williamson,  
Amie Spruiell, and Lisabeth Lipp

No comments:

Post a Comment