Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday Writing...10/11/18..."Tidbits of Wisdom"

Good Morning,

The blog today is a bit different than most days. I have gotten some short writings from some of my writers. It IS possible to fit very good wisdom into short writings, and these writings give witness to this fact. I think everyone will find something that resonates to them. The last entry is amazing. It takes all the mundane activities of a woman's life and turns them into blessings for which to be grateful.

May you all be blessed by these writings!
Corinne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Today's Devotional

"Tidbits of Wisdom"
Written by
Four Wise Women




"God is in Charge"

I am reminded today that I am not in control of anything in my life, that includes my kids. To know that my oldest (college student) is in the hospital miles away from me is crushing my heart. Mom wants to be with her, to hug her, and reassure her that God has her in His Faithful Hands. I have done all of the crying and flipping out yesterday. I am so so thankful for mom's group at church, and I am so thankful that my pastor prayed for our family yesterday. The codependent person in me wants to make it all better for my girl, BUT God reminds me HE IS IN CONTROL OF IT ALL. Elizabeth Chavez, you know I adore you, but you also know God adores more then anything. I felt helpless, and I so wanted to jump on a plane to get to you. 

This is one of those moments where I have to open my hands and let go and let God. It's not easy girlfriend, cuz momma loves you. Lord knows what needs to happen for us to grow in our faith and trust in Him. I know Our God is The Healer, The Strength for us, and Our Comforter. Praying non stop for you, my sweet girl.

Liz Chavez

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Anxiety"

I realize that my level of anxiety directly correlates with with the amount of time I spend with God.  The more time I spend, whether prayer, praise and thanksgiving or meditating, the less impatience I feel in wanting to control every little aspect of my day. I no longer snap at the bewildered barista who just flubbed my order, nor do I tap my foot at the indecisive patron ahead of me. Instead, I’ll take this delay of action in my day to remind myself of His many comforts in my life.
In the multitudes of anxieties within me, 
Your comforts delight my soul.
Psalms 94:19

Elizabeth McElderry


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


'Hope unexpected'

Thenone day the clouds begin to part. The cold begins to thaw. The light once again sees it's own reflection. And dances in delight. So it is with us. Our hearts become clouded. In seasons of grief, despair and sadness. Feelings of being so desperately alone. Surround us. Until that's all we can see.Then 'hope unexpected' breaks through. And begins to thaw our frozen souls. With the warmth of her light. Then gently she whispers the promise. Of our Saviours unending love.

Beverley Ann Napier



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Happy Life......Gratitude"

I found this graphic on Facebook. It struck me as an amazing processing of all the chores and responsibilities a woman has to perform in the course of her day to day life. What God and all of us know is that those tasks can actually as are much less romantic in reality that we imagined as a young woman. God is their partner, and He relishes them for their strength and devotion to their calling. He knows that it is not often easy. The woman who created this list has taken the mundane and then added the wonderful things that ordinary activities point to. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wisdom Song"
Sung by
Laura Woodly Osman




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proverbs 10:25


Will you be established forever?
YES!
Providing you are righteous.
 no storm 
can take you away.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers
and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Collette Phillips, Cathy Friberg, Bre Williams, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment