Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday Writing...9/24/18..."Take Up Your Mat and Walk"

Good Morning,

Today's writing is about changing your ways of life and actions based on the advice and directions that are given to you by God. Do not go advice shopping just give it to God and then listen and do what He says. Lynda wrote that she saw three things in  scripture......
"1- Someone asked for help.  2- Jesus told them what to do.  3- They obeyed and experienced the miracle!"

It is a good idea to take your issues and needs to God, listen for His answers, and follow what He says.

Lynda
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional 

"Take Up Your Mat and Walk"
Written by
Lynda Kinnard



“…Get up!
Pick up your mat and walk!
John 5:8b

Many times in my life, before I really knew the power of Christ in the happenings of my life, I would pray (sort of) for the Lord to change all of  the things that I saw as the obstacles to my happiness.



“If only she was nicer to me.” “If only he would just be honest and faithful to me.” “If they could just act right..!” –Then my life would be better. I would have more confidence. I would be successful. I would really be happy! As soon as those people changed, or just left my little part of the world, my whole life would be better.



But even when everything around me changed, I was still seeing the same problems. Or the problems that I had gotten worse. Why weren’t things better? I was a nice person, when I wanted to be. I worked hard, most of the time and was a pretty obedient daughter. Why did it always seem that everyone else’s lives were happier than mine? Well, there were the bad break-ups and divorces that left many of my friends as single parents. And there were also the sickness, death, job loss and other struggles that I saw around me. Still everybody else was Happy! Weren’t they?

Thankfully, as I learn more about myself through reading and studying God’s Word; I have come to realize that being happy isn’t the point, and like Dorothy in the” Wizard of Oz”, I had always held the key to how my life was lived. I could choose to participate in one of God’s greatest miracles. I could willingly ask Him to change me! And as I felt Him work in me, I began to feel a joy that was far more that I ever imagined.




As I read the many miracles that Christ performed during His time on this earth, there are three things that I saw happening.


1- Someone asked for help.

2- Jesus told them what to do.
3- They obeyed and experienced the miracle!

What are we doing when we ask for the Lord to help us? Do we pray and then sit and wait to see what He will do? Or are we keeping watch and listening for His instructions, so we can obey everything He is telling us to do?

I may never be the woman that I used to think I was supposed to be, but I can become a better woman than I am; as long as I remember that I have to be the one to, pick up my mat and walk!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"TELL YOUR HEART TO BEAT AGAIN"
sung by 
Danny Gokey


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for you by the Devotional Writers 
  and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers:
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,  
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Bre Miller, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors:
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment