Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday Devotional...9/17/19..."Trials"

Good Morning,

We all face trials in life. They can include health, finances, and losses. They are not easy, and usually they are hard to forget. However, you can grow a lot because of your trials. which can teach you life skills. Bre wrote from her own experience, "I didn’t know that I had bipolar disorder until I was already an adult in my twenties and married. I didn’t know until I faced the hardest, deepest depression of my life. Now I am being treated for the right thing, and I am stable."

This would be an excellent time to look at your past trials and decide what God was showing you and think of the lessons He was teaching you.

Bre
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"Trials" 
Written by 
Bre Miller



“Dear brothers and sisters,
w
hen troubles of any kind come your way, 
consider it an opportunity for great joy.
For you know that when your faith is tested, 
our endurance has a chance to grow. 
So let it grow,
  
for when your endurance is fully developed,
you will be perfect and complete, 
needing nothing.”
James 1:2-4



I don’t like pressure. I don’t like going through trials. But I will tell you that I have grown quite a lot as a person because of the trials I have faced.

Here is a condensed version of my story. Growing up, I had always had issues with anxiety. I would sleep with the light on every night. Then later on, I had episodes of depression. The one thing I didn’t realize was a problem was that I would stay up all night, writing, reading, creating, bouncing off the walls…

I didn’t know that I had bipolar disorder until I was already an adult in my twenties and married. I didn’t know until I faced the hardest, deepest depression of my life. Now I am being treated for the right thing, and I am stable. 


Not only am I stable, but I am filled with such empathy for others. I have the desire to pray for the issues my friends and family are facing. I am able to speak to Christians about mental health. I am who I am today because of the awful things I have faced. I don’t recommend having a mental illness, but I do recommend hanging on and trusting God when you face trials, because you will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Broken World"
Sung by
Amanda Cook


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for you by the Devotional Writers 
  and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers:
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   


 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Bre Miller, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors:
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar.

No comments:

Post a Comment