Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday Writing...6/20/28..."Let the Healer Heal"

Good Morning,

The writing today is filled with thoughts about how to deal with the wounds of life. These are hurts that can become the ruination of a person's heart and self-image if allowed to fester. In Genesis 50:20 there is the thought that whatever the enemy brings to hurt God will use for the saving of many lives. God is a healer that brings good from sorrow. Here is a quote from this writing, "I ask you to let the Healer collide with your Hurt. He will find you glory even in the hurts you go through, and you will find understanding and recovery."

Building health under the guidance of the Healer.
Corinne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional

"Let the Healer Heal"
by Corinne Mustafa

Many times in our lives a part of us dies. There are so many reasons, but we know that this happens to every person. Here are some of the things that bring us down and a part of the sunniness we were created with feels the life go out.

Sally could sing this line because her mother had cancer and lost her battle when Sally was only seven. Maria loved someone who did not love her. Nancy had an accident and could no longer walk. Janie was attacked when someone sneaked into her apartment one night. Bob lost his job and ended up homeless. The list goes on and on.


Please listen to this song and then finish reading the devotional.



Here are some things I have had to face. Your hurts may have been different, but we all have had to deal with issues.

The Hurt…My mother would suddenly proceed from a harmless conversation into World War III. The reasons were bizarre and once it started, there was no warning or escape from it. During these episodes, she would insult me and tell me I was a bad person. Then she would ask me how I could be so mean and disrespectful to my mother. It was all beyond painful.

The Healer’s Help...Since my mother died God slowly showed me that she had been suffering from Bipolar disease. There were no effective medicines for this mental illness in those days. When I understood her situation, I was able to forgive her in my heart.

The Hurt…I was always in trouble in school. I would get my work done before the other kids, and then do something unacceptable that distracted the other children. When this happened I felt guilty and could not understand why I did these things. I decided I was bad.
The Healer’s HelpWhen I was in eighth grade I had a teacher who often kept me busy. She was also the principal of the school, and she was always sending me to another teacher with a note or letting me help out somewhere when my work was done. She told my parents that I worked quickly with quality work. She said, “How can she help feeling bored?” When I was promoted to high school my mother told me what she said. This teacher actually understood me, and that was an incredible relief to my self-image.

The Hurt…When I chose my life partner and was planning my wedding I asked a woman who had been at my college and was now teaching in the school where I was a first-grade teacher. I asked her to be a bridesmaid, and at first, she said "yes." Then a couple of weeks later she said she could not be in my wedding. She said she did not believe in mixed marriages. Since he was a Moslem I thought she meant religion. It was not that. She had been talking about race. My Indian husband to be was not white, and she disapproved. I could not even answer her.

The Healer’s HelpGod showed me immediately that she was off the mark. He provided me with the strength not to allow myself to be hurt or to let it ruin my wedding. I asked another friend, and my wedding was wonderful without that "friend."


These are just three of the hurts I have had to endure. They are minor to some hurts I endured. Many were much more impactful than these. Some of them are still being addressed, and the recovery is not final. However, I know from past experiences that if I let the Healer collide with my Hurt there will be healing.

I ask you to let the Healer collide with your Hurt. He will find you glory even in the hurts you go through, and you will find understanding and recovery.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Collette Phillips, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how our past hurts are softened when we allow God to pour His love overus!

    ReplyDelete