Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday Writing..."You Answered Me and Gave Me Strength "...5/15/18

Good Morning,

The theme for today is built around the fact that when you cry out to the Lord either for yourself or for someone you are praying for He will answer you. In the process, you are made stronger. That is what happens. Sandy wrote, "Any time you are feeling heavy and downtrodden, cry out to the Lord and He shall give you boldness and strength in your soul. We serve a mighty God!"
Call out to Him when you are facing challenges.

In His Encouragement,
Sandy & Corinne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Today's Devotional

"You Answered Me and Gave Me Strength" 
by 
Sandy Billingham




Yesterday appeared to be a day of struggle for me. I was somewhat discouraged and downtrodden. I continued through the day putting one foot in front of the other and feeling that heaviness. As I went through the checkout counter at the grocery store, I felt a nudge from the Holy Spirit. That nudge was an impression to ask the cashier if I could pray for her. I thought to myself, "I don't feel like praying for her." But the nudge was strong. 


I finally got over myself, cried out to the Lord, and asked her if she had anything special I could pray for.  She answered with gratitude, "Yes!" I am attending college and the upcoming semester will be really tough for me." Right then and there I prayed for Stephanie and she beamed with much gratefulness!

As I was leaving the grocery store I ran into another cashier that I have been praying for. She hugged me tightly and shared with me that God has been answering our prayers powerfully. She was overcome with joy and thanksgiving for such a good God that we have. She also wanted to get together with me so she could share more what God has been doing in her life. 

The discouragement I had been carrying quickly disappeared and encouragement and strength replaced it.  It was amazing how God turned that around! And I realized how important it is to pay attention to those nudges and to obey them. 


His Word tells us...  


"In the day when I cried out, You answered me, 
And made me bold with strength in my soul." 
Psalm 138:3



God did exactly that and more! He is always faithful and will never disappoint us! 


Any time you are feeling heavy and downtrodden, cry out to the Lord and He shall give you boldness and strength in your soul. We serve a mighty God!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Day 
singing
"CRY OUT TO JESUS"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God answers our prayers in the ways He sees fit. 
When we get an answer we need, to receive, it is within
the will of God. He knows what we need.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Collette Phillips, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment