Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday Writing..."I Can Stand”...5/7/18

Good morning,

We are featuring a poem written by Collette Phillips. The theme includes Collette assuring God that she wants to live according to God's whim. Collette wrote, "Make me flexible make me long, like the live oak that bows and grows for years...may your words be fulfilled in my ears."

Endeavoring to live according to 
     the whim of God for our lives.

                      Collette & Corinne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today's Devotional

“On My Knees I Can Stand”
a poem by 
Collette Phillips



My heart is full this evening.     Life is good and long...but never long enough       
        the roads are long and windy and                                                             somewhat rough. 
I take my place among the people of my time, 
        take up space in life's line. 



I keep my face up as much as I can ...
         take my place where on my knees I can stand. 
I find my faith has brighter days and some that are dark 
        and dim through a misty haze...
            a haze of mist that clouds my view 
                and makes my walk draw closer to You. 




May my days be at Your whim. 
Make me solid make me strong.  
Make me flexible make me long, 
        like the live oak that bows and grows for years... 
        may your words be fulfilled in my ears. 

               Father, bless me, 
                                   This I pray 
                                              until "that last, great, 
                                                              eighth day." 
            
          A-men.





The phrase 
"that last, great eighth day"  
refers to the day when 
a person's  earthly life 
                                                                    ends at the time of his/her death. 

                                  Collette Phillips
                               Originally penned
                                     2/17/2013

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Collette Phillips, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment