Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday Writing......10/18/16

Good Morning,

"Let's Get Going" is the title of today's writing by Diane Sutton. Diane is talking about God's desire that his people spread the good news with others we meet. Diane wrote, "Let us lay aside our fears and "uncomfortableness" so we can trust God to give us the boldness and words we need to speak to others.  Let us see others as God sees them, hurting and needing to know the love of Christ. Let us be obedient in fulfilling The Great Commission by allowing God to divinely send us into the world."

Have a wonderful Tuesday and share your faith with someone today.
God bless,
Corinne and Diane
~~~~~~~~~~


Devotional
written by 
Diane Suttom


Let’s Get Going!

The gospels record that after Jesus had risen from death, He appeared to his disciples giving them the great commission – to go and make disciples of all the nations.


In Matthew 28:16-20 Jesus spoke to His disciples stating that all authority has been given to Him in heaven and on earth. Jesus tells them to go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit and to teach all that Jesus commanded them.




As disciples of Jesus we are to go out into the world and make more disciples. Too often we treat this as a suggestion not as a command from Jesus to each of us. God considers us already gone, already going out into our community, workplace and neighborhood in His Authority. We should be consistently telling anyone and everyone we meet about the love of God and salvation through Jesus. Everyone should have an opportunity to become a disciple.

What hinders or holds us back from speaking about the gospel to others?  Fear and rejection have been at the top of my list along with feeling inadequate to answering any spiritual questions. I used to be a shy introvert who would rather be holed up in the safety of my bedroom reading about being a disciple than having to go out and make a disciple.
Mark 16:20 states that the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it. 

By reading scripture, I realized that I am not alone when I go out – God is always with me and working in making disciples because it is His command. Therefore, I should be obedient and trust that God will do His part. In truth I have discovered He does all the work. I just have to go out, putting myself in a position so God can use me to tell others about Him.
In Mark 16:17-18 Jesus declares that these signs will accompany those who believe – in the name of Jesus they will be able to drive out demons, speak in new tongues and heal the sick by placing their hands on them.

God promises He will confirm His Word by signs. We must have faith that when we go out into the world in the Authority of Jesus, godly signs will accompany us because God always does what He promises. I have seen many healings and witnessed people accepting Christ while standing on a sidewalk, in a doctor’s office, or standing in line at a movie theater.  Potential disciples are everywhere. We just need to open the door by speaking to them about the love of God. 

In order to overcome my fears, I made the decision to put myself in the uncomfortable situations I previously avoided. I asked God to show my fears to me and then help me overcome each of them. I attended training workshops and went out into the field with other believers to learn how they approached people and explain the gospel. Then I took a deep breath and tried it. It was uncomfortable for a while but I wouldn’t give up. Each time God gave me an opportunity, I said yes. I can’t tell you exactly when I felt comfortable but one day it dawned on me that my fears had been replaced with a godly boldness and an overwhelming love for others. Now I have an unquenchable desire to go into the world to tell people about Jesus.



Let us lay aside our fears and "uncomfortableness" so we can trust God to give us the boldness and words we need to speak to others.  Let us see others as God sees them, hurting and needing to know the love of Christ. Let us be obedient in fulfilling The Great Commission by allowing God to divinely send us into the world. 



~~~~~~~~~~

Promise of God Scripture


 ~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment