Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Friday Writing.......10/7/16

Good morning...

Today our devotional is titled,    "Look Up Not Horizontally."   a  It was written by Kelly Dobyns. Kelly's topic was a consideration of how we need to look up to God to renew our minds and to help us transform our thoughts and actions to be more like Him. Kelly wrote, "It is during these very troublesome times that God truly needs us to be transformed into a new person of God.  We are the ones that need to carry on the word for him. Show his grace and love to all who don’t know him.  We are the ones he has called upon to beautify the earth once again."

Have a fabulous Friday!   
God bless...
Corinne and Kelly


~~~~~~~~~~


   "Look Up Not Horizontally"   


Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.
Then you will learn to know God’s will for you,
which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Romans 12:2(NLT)


I have been focusing a lot of my thoughts on this scripture.  What started that was seeing it stated simply as, “Renew your mind; think on purpose.”  I love that!  So simple, yet says so much!  It is also, exactly what I need to do.  I have been frustrated with quite a few things lately, and I really need to renew how I think about some things.  I am working on training my mind to intentionally think positive and hopeful instead of negatively.  That can be quite a challenge in these days of such despair going on in the world, however, that is exactly what the word is teaching me to do….DON’T be like the world, be as God has intended me to be.

It is during these very troublesome times that God truly needs us to be transformed into a new person of God.  We are the ones that need to carry on the word for him. Show his grace and love to all who don’t know him.  We are the ones he has called upon to beautify the earth once again.  The enemy has come to destroy us and our spirit.  He wants us to stay right in the middle of the evil behaviors of earth.  To get us involved with ugliness and forget that glory and joy we have keeping God alive in us.

Salt and Light

 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, 
except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.
Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone
in the house.
  In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:13-16 (NIV)



I know that some days are hard for me to remain positive, especially when I am in pain and I don’t see or receive the answers that I want or expect….but, I also know more than anything that when I remain in love and put the Lord first, not giving in to negative vibes and feelings of others, my moments are much sweeter, and I am able to accomplish so much more.  So that is my intention…. “Renew my mind, think on purpose.”

Thank you my perfect heavenly Father for allowing my eyes to be open to your word, in order that I may be able to share all of you with the troubled world Amen.

Written by Kelly Dobyns




~~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

~~~~~~~~~  

No comments:

Post a Comment