Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Friday Writings......9/23/16

Good Morning,

Today's devotional was written by Kelly Dobyns and is titled,  "Feeling His Presence."  The theme of her writing is that it is important to go to God and relish His presence whenever you have needs needs...always! Kelly wrote, "Having made these couple of little changes this week have made a huge difference in my life.  My goal is to keep these in practice.  I already have some really great goals in mind that, with myself and God working on them together, I know there will be some very valuable results in my health and happiness.  Praise God for all he does for us!!"

Have a wonderful Friday and welcome to the weekend.
God bless
Corinne and Kelly


"Feeling His Presence"


Today I was at my desk at work, and thoughts come into my mind of something that has been a challenge for me for quite some time.  I told myself to just pray instead of allowing my thoughts to take over and begin to obsess about it, as I normally do.


But as for me, how good it is to be near 
God!

    I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter,and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.
         Psalm 73:28 
                                                                                               (NLT)

The decision to pray about it was the smartest thing I have done in a very long time. An incredible thing happened as I was praying… I felt this warmth on my shoulders and an amazing comfort came over me.  I know it was the love of God holding me near Him, showing me that He is true to His word…always with me and it is His hearts desire to have a conversation with me.  For me to share my troubles, to give them to Him, to trust in Him to keep me in a peaceful place full of the faith of my Father who will get me through the trials of this life.

 He will call on me, and I will answer him;

    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.”
Psalm 91:15-16
(NIV)



Call on Me in the day of trouble;

I will rescue you, and you shall honor and glorify Me.”

Psalm 50:15 
(AMP)


All we need to do is call on Him.  He doesn’t care how we pray or how we call on Him.  All we need to do is keep Him informed...to give Him our time.  I discovered< when I made a few choices this week...to put prayer in front of my usual behaviors...that  a very lovely thing happened, I was drawn so much closer to Him.  I had a much calmer demeanor along with a happier heart.  The greatest result of this was a better closeness to God for me.  I could feel Him presence much stronger than I normally do, which also resulted in me loving this feeling and carrying it throughout my day and on to others as well.

“When you come looking for me, you’ll find me.“Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else,I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed.” God’s Decree.“I’ll turn things around for you.
I’ll bring you back from 
God’s Decree.“bring you home to the place from whichI sent you off into exile. You can count on it. 
Jeremiah 29:13-14 (MSG) 


It never fails to amaze me how I can do something so simple and get such a profound result.  I have always known the best action is to pray….but, I don’t very often put it into practice…at least not like I should.  Having made these couple of little changes this week have made a huge difference in my life.  My goal is to keep these in practice.  I already have some really great goals in mind that, with myself and God working on them together, I know there will be some very valuable results in my health and happiness.  Praise God for all he does for us!!

Written by
Kelly Dobyns


~~~~~~~~~~

    Snippets of Spiritual Insights  from Beverley  

Image may contain: car and outdoor
So 🏁 I was watching the Race with Harry. Martin Truex Jr. went over and kissed the Start Finish Line after his win.

Wow. The representation totally hit me. We have each been given life. Thus the "Start" line. We will also cross the "Finish" line. The end of our life. Here on earth. We're each "running" the race. As best we can.
The part I love most is that when we choose to follow Christ. We are all winners. We will all stand in "Victory Lane." One day it will be our time. To raise the Victory Flag. In triumph.
In the meantime. I choose to follow the example set before me today. I will again choose to "kiss" the Start Line. By remembering to appreciate this life I was given. To live. This "race" I am blessed to run. This opportunity to love. And to be loved. I will continue. To run this race. With courage. With joy. Come what may.
And when the time comes. For me. To cross my Finish Line. I will rejoice. I will celebrate. The victory. Alongside the One. Who died. To give me this life. And then after that. Life everlasting.
Written by
Beverley Ann Napier (C)
~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment