Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday Devotional......8/23/15

G00d Morning

Monday we went to the Maine Prison Showroom. All the things that are there were made by prisoners. They are wood workers, furniture makers and artists and the things there are wonderful. I bought a paddle game for my grandson and a cheese cutting board. I go there one time every year to see what is new,

Tomorrow we are going to Augusta to hear Franklin Graham give a talk outside of the capital building. I am really looking forward to that.

Praying that you have a terrific Tuesday!
God bless
Corinne
~~~~~~~~~~  

The Tuesday Devotional was written by Diane Sutton. The title is, "Wait for the Lord." Diane wrote about what it was like before she knew how to wait for the God's timing and how she has changed as she has learned to wait on Him. She wrote, "We just have to wait for God’s timeliness to unfold. Let us learn to wait for the Lord and enjoy the blessings and new revelations that come afterwards."
~~~~~~~~~~





Wait for the Lord

To wait for the Lord does not come easily to me. I am a person who gets annoyed whenever I have to wait. I am always tempted to read the last chapter of a book before reading the first chapter.  If someone has done something wrong to me, I want action immediately. I don’t like waiting for results or action to happen.

I am learning to wait. Waiting for God has changed me. Waiting has taught me to have self-control and patience. Waiting has transformed me into a person who depends on God for guidance. Waiting has produced desperateness within me for God – I am desperate each day to hear Him and to know Him more intimately.

While we want things to happen in our timing, God will not be hurried along. God’s timing is impeccable. We just have to wait for God’s timeliness to unfold. Let us learn to wait for the Lord and enjoy the blessings and new revelations that come afterwards. Let us reflect on the following scriptures and ask God to teach us to wait for Him without any hidden agendas or expectations.  Let us learn to wait for Him only!

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Lord, I wait for you; you will answer, Lord my God.

wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.

Do not say, “I’ll pay you back for this wrong!” Wait for the Lord, and he will avenge you.

It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed.

Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.



Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains.

Written by
Diane Sutton
sung by James Waller


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment