Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Friday Writing...1/17/20..."Lost and Found"

Good Morning,

Today we are reading thoughts penned by John Muir about things lost and found. It happens all the time whether it is an item, a thought, or a memory of something we know how to do. Here is a quote from this writing, "Here is a suggestion for people on the road. In your prayer time talk to the Lord about your feelings of ignorance and confusion, and ask for His help and that He shine a light into your shadows."

In the words of the song by Don Moen, "God will make a way."

Blessings
Corinne Mustafa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional
"Lost and Found"

Written by 
Corinne Mustafa


John Muir was a famous naturalist and philosopher who lived in the eighteen hundreds (1834) and passed away in 1914. He was famous for his portrayals of wilderness and support of National Parks. Some of his writings are inspired. The one that has inspired me is the following...

"Into the forest I go 
to loose my mind and find my soul."
John Muir

To John Muir wilderness areas, and in this quote specifically, the "forest" were places where he could think inspired thoughts and philosophize in the quietude.

Every day we step out into "our forest" (the world) hoping to be do well and to gain progress in becoming the person God fashioned us to be. We know that like all people we are created with a purpose. Sometimes it takes a long time to find it, and we take many one way streets going in the wrong direction. 

I am one such person. I am not saying that the time before I really "found my soul" was useless. I was in my mid-fifties when I started to get a clue. The years along life's highways are times of training in the concepts we need to grasp to successfully reach our destination. I believe/know that God is at work to mentor His children on the routes He wants them to follow. If you are thinking you do not have a clue, I could ask, "Who knows the mind of God?" The clues come in snippets and in the end form an understanding and talent in us. 

Here is a suggestion for people on the road. In your prayer time talk to the Lord about your feelings of ignorance and confusion, and ask for His help and that He shine a light into your shadows. One thing I want to point out is that your growth is not over until it is over. Through to the end of life you will be having "aha moments" where you learn new things that you need to know.

Father, 
I know that You have a plan that You wish me to follow, but I am unsure of Your will. Please reveal to me what path is Your choice for me. I sincerely wish to follow You and to be who and where you wish me to be.
Amen.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for you by the Devotional Writers

and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers

Sandy Billingham, Karen Bennett, 
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward, 
Amie Spruiell, Lynda Kinnard, Bre Miller
Debbie Rodriguez, Carol Steficek,
Jan Andersen and Corinne Mustafa






No comments:

Post a Comment