Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday Writing...4/17/19..."WORD"

Good Morning,

Today the topic of our devotional for today is the creation as a work of the "Word" / Jesus. Lynda wrote, "Reading, meditating, memorizing, speaking God's Word will keep me (and  you) seeking and finding my true self, allowing His Light to shine a little bit more each day."

This is a suggestion that should be seriously considered. Doing this will bring you closer proximity to Jesus. What a total blessing!

God bless, 
Lynda Kinnard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Today's Devotional
"WORD" 
Written by 
Lynda Kinnard




"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, 
and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. 
Through him all things were made; without him nothing
was made that has been made.  In him was life, 
and that life was the light of all mankind. 
The light shines in the darkness, and 
the darkness has not overcome it."  
John 1:1-5

Jesus.  God.  Son of Man.  Savior.  Lord.....


If you are a "Follower of Christ", and have invited Him into your heart; you have the honor and privilege of being in His presence all of the time.  And, if you are anything like me, you find it difficult to show the glory and grace that dwells within all of the time.  Especially as I step outside and face the world.  Or in some cases, as I step out of bed!

Some days I wake up fully aware of the infusion of the Holy Spirit.  I see beauty all around me and can hardly contain the joy that is welling up in my heart.  Those are my love the whole world moments; which seldom last as long as I hope.

I want to be a mature Christian, but my flawed human self keeps allowing the enemy, or my own selfishness,  just enough attention to trip me up again and again.  Thankfully, God's mercy met me again this morning.  And reminded me that I'm not supposed to fix myself. I'm supposed to ask for help from the Holy Spirit; which has been in me from the instant I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.



A wonderful speaker at our church's Women's Conference reminded me that GOD is the Great I AM, because He is more than enough.   God is not just Who we need, God is What we need, and is ready to help us, whenever we ask in faith.  Our circumstances may not change, but our ability to surrender, survive or even thrive can grow from our trust in Him.



My  slowly maturing faith exits because The One Who Is Perfect lives in me.  But that faith is only activated when I acknowledge and submit to this power.  And the best way to remember to acknowledge this power is by The WORD. 

Reading, meditating, memorizing, speaking God's Word will keep me seeking and finding my true self, allowing His Light to shine a little bit more each day.


"But who can discern their own errors? Forgive my hidden faults. 
Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. 
Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression. 
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart 
be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
Psalm 19:12-14

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


THE WORD
WAS GOD FROM BEFORE 
THE CREATION OF THE UNIVERSE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for you by the Devotional Writers and the Monthly Writing Staff of Women's Focus Ministries

Blog Writers

Sandy Billingham, Karen Bennett, 
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  
Bre Miller,  Lynda Kinnard, Amie Spruiell, 
Debbie Rodriguez, Jan Andersen
and Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors:

Kathy Bireley, Terri Baker, Beverley Napier,
 Kelly Dobyns, Glenna Williamson,
  Amie Spruiell, and Lisabeth Lipp

No comments:

Post a Comment