Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday Writing...12/4/18..."God Loves A Thankful Heart"

Good Morning,

Today the blog is considering the need to be thankful to God for everything we receive from
Him. That gratitude should be something frequent and something of which we should be
cognizant. Sandy wrote, "Choose Thankfulness always as we go about our day and experience a deeper satisfaction and contentment in your walk with Christ like never before. Be Thankful onto His Holy name forever more! "
Thankful in Christ, 
Sandy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's Devotional
"God Loves A Thankful Heart" Written by Sandy Billingham

I have been impressed on my heart lately to strive to always be thankful. Thankfulness is a good thing, but for me it doesn't come easy. I find myself drifting and comparing myself with others or other families, or maybe wishing for this or that.  

Then I sense the Lord knocking on my heart's door reminding me of all the multiple blessings He has given me. He reminds me in which I have more than enough. When my thoughts go one direction, the Lord reels me in and reminds me that He is my everything, and He is bigger than any situation. That is when I focus and start thanking Him for all the many things He has given me and done for me. There are not enough days to even begin to tell Him how very thankful I am for His generosity for me and my family.

His Word is jam packed with scriptures on being thankful. Obviously when the Lord repeats Himself over and over He is definitely trying to get a major point across to his people. I chose some passages that really bring thankfulness home to us all. Let's take a look at the word and what is written...
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,
to which also you were called in one body; and be
THANKFUL. Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly
in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.  
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving THANKS to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:15-17



As the passages state, we are to be intentional on being Thankful and giving Thanks. As we choose to be Thankful our hearts become lighter and lighter and more joyful and peaceful and at rest in Christ. All the wants and desires we have had in the past begin to dissolve and we go about our days in richness in Christ. Our desires focus on pleasing our Lord and Savior in everything that we say and do.


Choose Thankfulness always as we go about our day and experience a deeper satisfaction and contentment in your walk with Christ like never before. Be Thankful onto His Holy name forever more!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thankful for You"
sung by
Toby Mac
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Dear God
I wanna take this minute,
not to ask for anything from You,

buy simply to 
say "thank you"
for all I have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for you
 by the Devotional Writers and the Monthly Writing Staff
 of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers:

Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Bre Miller, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa
Elizabeth McElderry, Betty Espindola, 
 Lynda Kinnard
Amie Spruiell, and Debbie Rodriguez

Occasional Contributors:
Kathy Bireley, Terri Baker, Beverley Napier,
 Kelly Dobyns, Glenna Williamson,  
Amie Spruiell, and Lisabeth Lipp

No comments:

Post a Comment