Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday Writing...12/10/18..."The Ordinary Stone (PT. 1)"

Good Morning,

Today's Writing is Part One of a writing that was too long to put in on one day. The final part will be posted tomorrow. Lynda is talking about how many things she can be missing when she strides unmindful through her daily walks. Lynda wrote, "...for some reason, I was pulled back, compelled to pick it up and carry it home in my pocket.  What caused me to do this?  Whose voice was I hearing?  My own – telling me that there would be at least one good story there; or did the stone cry out to the Lord, so He would cause me to turn around and bring it home with me?

Lets try to be more mindful so that we will not miss something the Lord is using to give us a lesson.

Lynda
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional 

"The Ordinary Stone (PT. 1)
Written by 
Lynda Kinnard

My morning walk was peaceful.  I love the quiet weekend mornings with our dog.  I am free to think things through in ways that I cannot when I am inside.

The Lord speaks to me anytime, anywhere, but I feel more open and undistracted when I am able to see the sky and hear the birds.   Well, not really undistracted, I find my thought meander from thing to thing, but at an easier pace than at other times.  Perhaps this is why I hear better when I am outside.

This time, while thinking about a conversation with a friend, I was trying to find a way to define how the dark and painful things from our past actually make us uniquely qualified to step into the huge thing that He intended for us to do before creation. 

And there it was, just sitting on the ground in the dirt, like an ordinary stone.  In fact it was an ordinary stone.  But it was also so much more. I’d seen it out of the corner of my eye as I passed it.  Then, for some reason, I was pulled back, compelled to pick it up and carry it home in my pocket.  What caused me to do this?  Whose voice was I hearing?  My own – telling me that there would be at least one good story there; or did the stone cry out to the Lord, so He would cause me to turn around and bring it home with me?

In any case, I have it now.  I rinsed off most of the dirt and placed it on my dresser, so I must choose to look at it or not.

There is a home truth for me right there.  How many things do I see as I pass them, or let them pass me, without stopping to acknowledge them?  Words unsaid, a needed touch or hug not given.  That moment with God that I postpone may be the call to pray for someone I cannot see, but desperately needs me to pray intentionally for them right now.  This may explain some of the emptiness that comes over me at times.  My unsaid prayers may explain the loss of the joy I could have felt in that lost conversation with the Lord.

This particular stone is about the size of a regular marshmallow.  One side is fairly smooth and the other is rough and uneven, obviously broken sometime in the past.  But the edges are not sharp, so perhaps the break was not too painful; or was so long ago that the jagged edges have been softened over time.

(Part 2 will be posted tomorrow, Tuesday)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"The Beautiful Things We Miss"
Sung by 
Matthew West


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have seen many things, but you pay no attention;
your ears are open, but you do not listen.”
Isaiah 42:20

Always strive to notice what you see and pay attention.
Nothing happens by accident and who knows
if you are missing something special that
God has placed on your path for you...
something that has a lesson from Him
for you to learn from in it.
YOUR SPECIAL STONE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for you
 by the Devotional Writers and the Monthly Writing Staff
 of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers:
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Bre Miller, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa
Elizabeth McElderry, Betty Espindola, 
 Lynda Kinnard
Amie Spruiell, and Debbie Rodriguez

Occasional Contributors:
Kathy Bireley, Terri Baker, Beverley Napier,
 Kelly Dobyns, Glenna Williamson,  

Amie Spruiell, and Lisabeth Lipp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment