Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday Writing..."The Lesson" ...5/23/18

Good Morning,

Today's theme is that whatever we do that was not the best we should be able to repent and forget the mistake. Then we must get the lesson and remember it. God does not expect perfection, but He does expect that when we are in the valley we remember the lessons learned there. Here is a quote from this writing, "I am reminded of King David's life and a comment I have read many times that God does not pick the perfect He perfects the imperfect. I think many of us can relate to that as we endeavor to become women after God's heart."

All you have to do is to remember the lesson and grow from it.
God bless
Corinne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional 

"The Lesson" 
by 
Corinne Mustafa



This writing is kind of personal to me although I do not intend to give you the details of what happened. A week or so ago I posted a writing called "Excellence." This is the graphic that was posted with it. As I have gone through my issue this week this graphic gave me a new message. I am not perfect, but I am not a bad person either. Still, I became embroiled in something that was a disaster to me with grave consequences. I had to go through a humiliation and shame that is still affecting me today. 


I had a conversation with God about it, and it was almost as if I heard Him say, "You need to repent, and then you should make some changes. In the end, you need to remember the lesson." That was when I remembered this graphic and decided to use it in this writing. The answer I knew that I had heard from God shows how gentle our Father is and how He desires to see us "get the lesson."

Don’t you realize how patient He is being with you?
Or don’t you care? Can’t you see that He has been waiting all this time
 without punishing you, to give you time to turn from your sin? 
His kindness is meant to lead you to repentance.
Romans 4:2


I am determined to remember the lesson and to be sure that I do not fall in that way again. I am going to change a habit that in the end causes the gargantuan drop into what causes that sad shortcoming in me. I have a ministry that is God given. I am reminded of King David's life and a comment I have read many times that God does not pick the perfect He perfects the imperfect. I think many of us can relate to that as we endeavor to become women after God's heart.

I think we will all agree with this,
                                         as we think of our own story, that...


If He did not work this way, most of us would not be a choice for one of His workers. That is so amazing that He calls whom He calls knowing that they would be a perfect choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh My Soul Repent For Your Sins"


and repent for your shortcomings
and mistakes as well!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is a lot of wisdom here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Collette Phillips, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment