Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday Writing...5/21/18..."Prosperity of The Wicked"

Good Morning,

The writing today is a commentary about how annoying it can be to see people who are "wicked" enjoying prosperity. There are several references from Psalms that Collette suggests to be read. In the end, though she points out how much we gain from our association with Jesus who provides for us to be righteous worthy of eternal life with God. Nothing else can match that even winning a billion dollar lottery. Collette wrote, "Child of the Most High God, lift up your face! Let your countenance be raised. Your Father in Heaven sees you, and YOU, precious one, are His Child." 

Who could ask for anything more?

Peace, Love, & Joy, 
Collette & Corinne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Devotional 

"Prosperity of The Wicked" 
by 
Collette Phillips


I looked upon the prosperity 
of the wicked
and my feet began to slip. “
Psalm 73:2-3
(
My personal summation)

Directly it is written:

“Surely God is good to Israel, 
To those who are pure in heart! 
But as for me, my feet came close
to stumbling, 
My steps
had almost slipped.
For I was envious of the arrogant
As I saw the prosperity of the wicked.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭73:1-3‬ 
                                              (NASB‬‬)

In reading Psalms, chapters 13, 14, & 15, we see the contrast between evil and righteousness. I encourage all to read these. It’s a short read, really. 
I also encourage reading all of Psalm 73. 

We see that there has always been this pull between evil and good. We see that Psalms chapters 13-15 discuss the benefits of righteousness and wisdom, as well as, the reward of foolishness and wickedness. 

But then we have those days in our lives where we see the ungodly prosper. We look at them and we look at ourselves and we begin to ponder this as King David did. 

I love to study the life of David, because we can find much of ourselves in him; the good, loving, mirthfulness, as well as the angry, scared, prideful, selfish, and depressed side of him. 

I appreciate that some have said that David would probably be classified as bipolar or manic-depressive. I appreciate it because it gives me hope for my own sorrowful self. 

There is Hope! 

This is what we glean from the Psalms. There is A GREAT Hope! With all of David’s unrighteous actions and living, there were plenty of noble actions as well. 

How to reconcile the two? 
We can’t. 
Only Christ can rectify that. 
Christ didn’t reconcile evil with the good 
... and yet, ...He did. 
He reconciled an evil me to a Good Father. 

Christ made me, me, little selfish, dirty nose, ME in His Image. My actions aren’t always congruent with The Spirit Man. But Jesus is The Veil through which The Father views me, continuously. Jesus is THAT HOLY!

He’s so Holy and Pure that all of your, and my nasty is no longer visible to The Father. He has reconciled us to The Father through Him. HE!! He Alone, places His Robe of Righteousness on me and all who trust upon The Finished Work of Christ. 



 Child of the Most High God, lift up your face! Let your countenance be raised. Your Father in Heaven sees you, and YOU, precious one, are His Child. 

He chastens those whom He loves. When you and I do wrong, submit to his conviction and correction! However, we should not submit to condemnation, guilt, and shame, for those were born away by Jesus on The Old Rugged Cross. 

Rejoice, oh, my soul! 

“Search me, O God, and know my heart: 
try me, and know my thoughts: 
And see if there be any wicked way in me, 
and lead me in the way everlasting.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:23-24‬ ‭
(KJV}


M y prayer: 
 Search me and know me and see if there be any wicked way  
 in me and lead me in The Way Everlasting.  
 In Jesus’ Name.  
 Amen.  



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Collette thought you might enjoy
having the Lyrics to this song
Scroll down as you listen to this song
and sing along↧

"Landslide of Love"
sung by 
The Newsboy






Opening salvo
Didn't help solve anything
Every time we shout our rights out
We get all grouchy and gray
It's all about me, me
It's all about what I can take
And if that doesn't ring true anymore
Maybe it was our first mistake
And since we don't believe in Santa Claus
Maybe we'd best stay awake
Every time a teardrop falls
It's kicking up dust in our world of pain
Let's get drenched under God's good rain
Caught in a deluge of mercies
Like a pebble clings to dirt
We're still clinging to bedrock sin
Let's get swept off our feet again
Caught in a landslide of love
It's all about me, me
It's all about all I can take
The good I try to do goes nowhere
The bad just seizes the day
And if we're here for something bigger, baby
There's gotta be some better way
Every time a teardrop falls
It's kicking up dust in our world of pain
Let's get drenched under God's good rain
Caught in a deluge of mercies
Like a pebble clings to dirt
We're still clinging to bedrock sin
Let's get swept off our feet again
Caught in a landslide of love
No, not angels or devils
No, not famine or war
No, not the past or the present
Not even the ground separates from God's love
Not even the ground separates from His love
'Cause every time a teardrop falls
It's kicking up dust in our world of pain
Let's get drenched under God's good rain
Caught in a deluge of mercies
And like a pebble cased in dirt
We've been anchored in bedrock sin
Let's get swept off our feet again
Caught in a landslide of love
Caught in a landslide of love

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Collette Phillips, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed working on this Collette. It is very thought provoking and you go from the problem to the answer. I liked the song you picked as well!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete