Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Friday Writing..."Not the End"...5/4/28

Good Morning,


The theme of today's writing is that God never leaves us in the middle without making good on His promises. We may think we have reached the end of a work and we feel sad that it is over, but it is not. Here is a quote from the writing, "There is no end to the work of love that God is doing ceaselessly. And from everything He does in us, you can be assured that He is making "a miracle of you!" 

Do not despair; wait for your miracle.

Waiting for my next miracle.
Corinne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today's Devotional

"Not the End"
by 
Corinne Mustafa



"So hold on. it's not the end
No, this is where love's work begins
I'm making all things new
And I will make a miracle of you!"

Have you ever felt despair when something you loved doing or something special comes to the end...when you are not ready to stop? As a child, I used to have that experience a lot.  I would be deep into playing and wanting to continue. The other kids would get bored and that particular game would stop for another. 

It even happened at the end of a school year. It seemed that the activities, teachers, and classmates I was involved with became more and more dear to me as the last day of school got closer. Since I went to a school a half hour from home, I did not get see my school buddies in the summer. I wished it could be different...wished I could live closer to them.


Finally, I began to realize that all the priceless things of childhood were ending before I was ready. Most of the time it was because I had outgrown them; other times it was just matter of "tempus fugit"...time flies. I would ask God why this happened and I prayed about it. The best answer I got was that people had free will and things changed according to that. "What about my free will?" I would ask. I realized that if I forced my free will on others it would take away their free will.


As an adult, these kinds of things still happen frequently. When I started at the church I am now attending I had a mentor who was always there for me with her invaluable loving, guiding, and teaching. I really treasured Karen. One day she told me that she was moving to Reno. I was devastated, but I was now an adult and I knew I had to move on. 

My children grew up and were gone in the proverbial blink of an eye. They were off living their own lives and the people I used to see daily were no longer around. I finally realized that they were still my children, but the relationship had benefitted from all of our experiences making it richer. 

I think you are getting the point here. Experience has taught me some things. For instance, life and living do not remain static. We live in a world that changes daily...even minutely. God is watching over us and our lives, and we can trust Him to do the things He promises in the Bible to do.

For as many as are the promises of God
in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him
i
s our Amen to the glory of God through us.
2 Corinthians 1:20


So, please scroll up and read the quote at the top. 
There is no end to the work of love that God is doing ceaselessly. 
And from everything He does in us you can be assured that He is making 
"a miracle of you!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miracles"
Jesus Culture


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The most beautiful moments always seemed to accelerate 
and slip beyond one’s grasp just when you want
to hold onto them for as long as possible.”

 E.A. Bucchianeri

“There is never enough time to enjoy what you love.”
Joyce Rachelle

“The bad news is time flies. 
The good news is you're the pilot." 
 Michael Altshuler


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 

you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

Blog Writers
Jan Andersen, Sandy Billingham, Carol Steficek,   
 Brother Thomas Ukwute, Jody Ward,  Karen Bennett, 
Collette Phillips, Cathy Friberg, and  Corinne Mustafa

Occasional Contributors
Kathy Bireley,  Lynda Kinnard, Mary M. Wilkins,
Terri Baker, Beverley Napier, Kelly Dobyns
Glenna Williamson,  Shelly Keith, Amie Spruiell,
Lisabeth Lipp,  and Nandita Bhatnagar

No comments:

Post a Comment