Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday Writing......10/11/16

Good morning,

The Tuesday devotional is titled, "Unconditional Love." It was written by Diane Sutton. Her theme is akin to agape love, where a person is loved without bounds or absolutely...no matter what. After a hurtful conditional love, Diane wrote, "I no longer believed I could trust or love anyone ever again. Then God entered my life, healed my wounds, and taught me that love is really about unconditional mercy, compassion, and forgiveness."

Have a totally awesome Tuesday!
God bless
Corinne & Diane

~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday Devotional 

"Unconditional Love"


Knowing that we are loved by others makes us feel wanted and valued, secure and special. Unfortunately there are many times when we do not feel loved or accepted by others. Those times are tough to go through. Many times we will turn to others for help and support, but sometimes, even they will disappoint us in some way. Disappointment by someone at one time or another will eventually happen in our life.

I remember when I was put in harm’s way by someone I loved. Many emotions tumbled through me like turbulent waters, rising to the surface and then submerging to let another emotion rise to take its place…unbelief…devastation...vulnerable...fearful…anxiety…hopelessness...emptiness. I couldn’t believe I had been betrayed and abandoned by someone who had confessed love for me.

I remember someone close to me saying “What did you do?” Another wound inflicted by someone to whom I was close. For a long time those words hung around me like an icy thick fog numbing my soul. I no longer believed I could trust or love anyone ever again. Then God entered my life, healed my wounds, and taught me that love is really about unconditional mercy, compassion, and forgiveness.

In Matthew 18:21-22, Peter asked Jesus, 

“How often shall my brother sin against me 
and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”  

Jesus replied to Peter, 
“I do not say to you, up to seven times, 
but up to seventy times seven.”

Matthew 5:7 states 
“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

Romans 9:15-17 declares,
“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, 

and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” 
So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, 
but on God who has mercy.”


1 Corinthians 13:1-3 states,
“If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
but do not have love, 
I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  
If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; 
and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, 
but do not have love, I am nothing.  
And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor
and if I surrender my body to be burned,
 but do not have love, it profits me nothing.”


Lord, 
We know you will never betray or disappoint us.  You will always love us unconditionally regardless of what we do or how badly we have messed up. You will always stand in righteousness, love and mercy on our behalf. You will always be there to guide us back on the path we should follow, enabling us to walk with you without shame, guilt or condemnation.  We know we are loved unconditionally by you even during the times when we can’t even love ourselves. We praise your name forever and ever! 
Amen.

Written by
Diane Sutton


~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment