Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday Devotional.......9/14/16


Good Morning...

I pray that everyone is having a wonderful week. I am even though I am busy. 



Yesterday I went to see Jody so that we could discuss the Praise and Prayer meeting this evening, I went shopping for food for two meals that I am bringing to people this week. My writing class is on Tuesdays so I put the food I had bought in a cooler and went to class. The next chore was to  come home and prepared the one for Wednesday. while I also made our dinner. I feel that everything important to me but it was a long day to be sure important to me After preparing this devotional I went to bed at 11. Thank you Lord that we could get every thing done. 

All in all it was a good day.
~~~~~~~~~~


Sandy Billingham is the author of today's devotional"Don't Worry! Be Thankful!" Her theme is that instead of worrying, to give your challenges of time and space, and heart to God as He is always by your side. As I was looking for a song one was named "Don't worry, pray and give it to God." Ir reminded me of a quote I read that said something like, I am going to bed now God...I am going to bed now...you never sleep. LOL.  Sandy wrote, "There is one thing for sure... that is that God will do exactly what He says He will do, just watch Him work!!" 

Have a wondrous day free from anxiety!

God bless

Corinne & Sandy
~~~~~~~~~~



 

"Don't Worry! Be Thankful!"

It is really interesting that the Lord tells us to not worry, but yet personally sometimes I think that it is my job to worry. Being a mom, a wife, a sister and neighbor, life comes at you from all sides at times and worry can easily set in. But God specifically tells us not to worry. Do we obey God or do we cave in to our emotions in the moment?

His Word says...
 "Be anxious for nothing, 
but in everything by prayer 
and supplication, 
with thanksgiving, let your 
requests be made known to God."
Philippians 4:6 


In other words, we should not worry, but give all our needs onto Him, with much thanks, making all that known to Him. The Lord knows everything before we say it anyway, but He wants us to come to Him with great trust.

If we truly walk out that verse, we will experience much rest and peace in Jesus. We can cling to Him, laying our head on His chest knowing He is our Abba Daddy and He longs to take care of us. Our earthly father did a pretty job taking care of us for the most part, but our Heavenly Father has us fully in His care and will fulfill requests accordingly.

Next time we think we have to worry, let's have another thought. Choose not to be anxious, be thankful, and lay those cares at His feet. The rest is up to God.

There is one thing for sure... that is that God will do exactly 
what He says He will do, just watch Him work!! 

In His Care,
Sandy Billingham



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.



~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment