Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Friday Writings.......9/30/16

Good Morning,

The devotional for Friday is titled "No More Fretting," and was written by Kelly Dobyns. Kelly likes to share her journey as she gains understanding about how to think and react to difficulties she encounters. Her theme is a discussion about overcoming the constant worrying and fretting. Kelly writes, " There is such a comfort knowing He loves me so very much that I don’t have to fret one bit, as long as I go to Him first…. and not Kelly’s imagination overload of how it all will go disastrously wrong." Right on, Kelly! 

Have a fantastic Friday as you head for the weekend.
God bless...
Corinne and Kelly

~~~~~~~~~~



  Friday Devotional  



"No More Fretting"

Too much of my life I have spent worrying…I guess a lot of it is my genetic make up, as my grandma was a worrier, as well as my mom is a worrier.  So my mind just automatically goes there when something happens to cause me to worry, then with my creative mind I can sometimes get carried away to some fantastically dramatic scenarios that I am sure will happen.  Ridiculously silly of me! The truth is, it should never get to this point, as I have an amazing God that takes care of all that worry, and much more.

Do Not Be Anxious

Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life,
what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body,
what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?|
Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap
nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by
being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field,
how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you,
even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive
and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you,

O you of little faith? 

Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat.
or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father
knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God
and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow
will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.:

Matthew 6:25-34

(ESV)


So you see…there is absolutely NOTHING that we have to worry about.  Our God is so wonderful and great to us….He handles it all!   That is one of my very favorite bible passages.  

There is such a comfort knowing He loves me so very much that I don’t have to fret one bit, as long as I go to Him first…. and not Kelly’s imagination overload of how it all will go disastrously wrong. 




Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
(ESV)

I love the peace that I feel when I let God handle my worry…..I have a warmth inside me when I know that I have gone to Him first.  Since I have been putting into practice intentionally going to Him first, I have found myself smiling and much happier knowing that I will not go there on my own. I won’t be taking a trip to worry/anxiety/panic land.  Trusting in the Lord is the only way for me to keep at peace, and I know my things go so much better when I do life putting God first.  A life much richer with joy!  

Thank you Father, for putting me first, so that I can remember to put you first. This allowsme to treasure all that you have given me.  Amen!

You make known to me the path of life;
 in your presence there is fullness of joy;
 at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalm 16:11 
(ESV)

Written by 
Kelly Dobyns



Chris Tomlin 
"How Great Is Our God"



~~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment