Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Friday Devotional........9/10/16

Good Morning....

Many of you will remember Kelly Dobyns who wrote devotionals for WFM in the past. Readers have commented on how her devotionals were real and open. You will be glad to know that Kelly, who left to deal with personal issues, is back. Her first writing is the Friday devotional. As before she has been open and honest about her issues. That is good. Kelly writes about some of the same issues as the ones plague most of humankind.
Welcome back Kelly!
~~~~~~~~~~

As you know today's devotional is written by Kelly Dobyns, and is titled, "Trust in Him." The theme is that when something is a problem a person needs to understand that she is never alone, and that God is there for you. Trust in God He is for you. Kelly wrote,"  No matter what the challenge is that I am facing…no matter how big or small, I have no need to fear, for He is with me..........He makes sure that I am covered in strength and His love. I have to allow Him in my heart, so that I can carry on showing His love to all that I encounter. 

Have a fantastic Friday.
God bless
Corinne & Kelly
~~~~~~~~~~


"Trust in Him"



I am so happy to be back at writing my devotionals, however, I have been sitting here struggling about what I want to write about….I pick a topic and then I don’t know how to get started.  Suddenly, I remembered that what works for me is to just start writing about my day, or something that has been on my mind, or a challenge I have been going through.  Amazingly, the topic works itself out and I am on my way.  Many times I have to shorten my devotional as I then find quite a bit to write.



So, recently I was having a bout of some depression, and lack of interest in life.  At times
it can be really challenging because I have been diagnosed with clinical depression and dealt with it a large portion of my adult life, so there is a chemical imbalance there, however, I do need to do leg work, or should I say, mind work, in order to truly help myself.  So after a slight medication adjustment, I was able to feel better and crawl our from under the dark cloud a bit, as well as be able to focus on a plan of improving my overall outlook on life.  My first stop was looking up….looking up to the Lord.



I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry.
 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.
 He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
    and put their trust in him.

Psalm 40:1-3(NIV)


Sometimes the most logical and simple things are the hardest to see because I am making life so complicated.  All I need to do is give God the control, by allowing Him to be my guide.

Just reading a few scriptures reminded me that I need to read a few more.

 


The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; 
he will never leave you nor forsake you. 
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)

Yes, indeed the Lord does go before me and stays with me always.  I so need this reminder continually throughout each day.  No matter what the challenge is that I am facing…no matter how big or small….I have no need to fear, for He is with me.  The same as the feelings I can so easily get overwhelmed with of discouragement.  The smallest little thing can bring me down sometimes….well, if I keep the fact that He is with me, and He has a plan for me, in the forefront of my mind, there is absolutely no reason for me to be discouraged.  He knows me and keeps me in line with what I truly need.


 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10

(NIV)


He makes sure that I am covered in strength and His love. I have to allow Him in my heart, so that I can carry on showing His love to all that I encounter.  Whether I am blue or showing my sparkles of light…..I can always show His light shining through me to guide others to His path.  Life on earth is not a piece of cake, as we had thought it would be….however, it can be lived with a happy heart when we keep that piece of God’s cake layered throughout us.


Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, 
that he may lift you up in due time.
Cast all your anxiety on him 
because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7  
(NIV)

No truer words have been written…He cares about you!!  Always has…Always will!

Written by
Kelly Dobyns


                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.

~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. "Just reading a few scriptures reminded me that I need to read a few more."

    Kelly, This single sentence has touched my heart today. I find that when I just read the one or two scriptures noted in a devotional, the message does not take hold of me the way it does when I, "read a few more." Thank you for comming back, for being honest in your sharing and for blessing me with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being real sweet Kelly.

    ReplyDelete