Women's Focus Ministries


Women's Focus Ministries

We are a group of Christian women (and one man) who write daily devotionals and other articles of interest to women.
We publish daily. Praying that you will enjoy this ministry.

Thank you and God bless,
Corinne Mustafa.......and the Writing Staff of "WFM"

One of our writers is writing a novel, called AFTER THE EVENT, that is published Saturdays separately from the daily posts. There is a link on the left side that will take you to the blog of the novel which is being posted in installments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Friday Devotional ......9/16/16

Good morning,


The Friday devotional is written by Kelly Dobyns and is titled, "Be Blessed Not Envious." Kelly inspects her feelings and actions when disappointment means that all that she dreamed about did not come to fruition. When she finished this processing, Kelly wrote, "When I get my head straight, back in focus with my proper thinking cap on, I remember what a wonderful life God has provided for me.  I have been so blessed with and by so many things and people."

Have a blessed Friday!
God bless
Corinne & Kelly
~~~~~~~~~~


"Be Blessed Not Envious."

 

Love is patient and kind; 
love does not envy or boast;
it
 is not arrogant or rude.
It
 does not insist on its own way;
it
 
is not irritable or resentful.

Corinthians 13:4-5

 (ESV)


In my life as I had planned it…I had expected to get married and live happily ever after, and part of that plan was to share in the experience with my husband of searching for and purchasing a house that we will make into our home.  The way things have turned out so far, I have not been able to live out that experience, therefore over the years I have felt quite a few emotions over this disappointment.  Envy being one of the very big ones.

Envy is also one of the ugliest and most harmful emotions.  Please understand that I haven’t spent all these years living in envy, the majority of the years I have been busy having fun with whatever events are going on in the lives of my sons and whatever else is going on at the moment.
  God’s blessing makes life rich;
    nothing we do can improve on God.

Proverbs 10:22

(MSG)



However, there have been times when the disappointment of not having lived this part of my dream has been overwhelming to me, causing me to carry so much envy around within myself that I believe it starts to rot my bones.   It not only rots my bones, but, also causes bitterness and envy…two really ugly things to add to the mix of my baggage that I am carrying around.

 A sound mind makes for a robust body,    but runaway emotions 
corrode the bones.

Proverbs 14:30

(MSG)



Worse than that is the fact that it is so hurtful to God that I am not trusting in Him to know what He has in store for me.  I am not showing Him the confidence that is in my heart letting the Lord know that I have faith in Him giving me the life that is best for me.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord

“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 

plans to give you hope and a future.

Jeremiah 29:11

(NIV)


When I get my head straight, back in focus with my proper thinking cap on, I remember what a wonderful life God has provided for me.  I have been so blessed with and by so many things and people.  There is a very good reason that my life…. as I planned with my certain dreams has not happened exactly as I had wanted.  That reason is that God has a much better plan for me….more than I could ever dream of!

All we have to do is keep the faith!

I have chosen the way of faithfulness;

    I have set my heart on your laws.

Psalm 119:30

(NIV)



Written by
Kelly Dobyns


What Faith Can Do
Kutless


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are lifted up daily for 
you by the Devotional Writers 
and the Monthly Writing Staff
of Women's Focus Ministries.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment